57

A/N: double update because the other chapter sucked.
*

Shawn held my hand as we got out of the car and was walking up to the hospital. My dad flew in to New York really late last night but was taken straight to the hospital to be treated.

I was extremely nervous to even see him and what type of condition he would be in. Shawn assured me everything would be fine, but I was still very worried.

I stood while Shawn went to speak to the nurse at the front desk. After a few minutes he turned around and motioned with his head for me to come over.

"I got his room number come on" he says taking my hand and pulling me along with him as we walked.

We stopped outside of the room and just as Shawn was about to open the door, I let out a squeak and jumped back. "I can't do it" I say as I shook my head.

"You can do it. you're strong, now go in there" he says pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Okay" I say as I took a few deep breaths. Shawn opened the door and I walked inside. Shawn waited outside instead for me.

There my dad was. He was extremely thin, very pale, bald now, scruffy beard and he was in such a terrible condition. I have no idea what they have done to him. There was nurse checking him and hooking him up to wires and stuff.

His head turned to look at me. Even though his face was unrecognisable when my eyes met his blue ones, I knew it was my dad. My heart warmed as I saw a very faint smile on his lips.

"Hey" I smiled as I went closer to his bed.

"Hi" he said a little too loudly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I can't feel anything" he says and I let out a chuckle.

"Are you here to give me more painkillers?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Painkillers?" I asked and he nodded.

"You're a nurse aren't you?" He asks and my eyes widened.

"No, it's me Elle" I say and his face read confusion.

"Elle?" He questions and I nodded.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked and he shook his head.

My heart shattered as I looked at my dad, who couldn't even recognise his own daughter.

"It's me Elaina. Elle, your daughter. Your pumpkin" I say as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"I don't have a daughter" he laughs.

"I'm only 22, you're hilarious Elle" he laughed again almost out of his mind. I just let out a sad laugh so I didn't upset or confuse him.

The nurse motioned for me to go over to her which I did. "You're his daughter?" She asks and I nodded.

"I was waiting for someone from his family to show up." She says.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked and she let out a sigh.

"Well considering the notes I've read over. He's been kept hostage for almost 6 years and was mentally and physically tortured. He's lost most of his memory and forgotten who he is and what's going on around him" she explains.

"I'm going to need you to sign a few documents is that okay?" She asks and I nodded.

After I signed a few documents and said goodbye to my dad I stepped out of the room and bursted into tears. Shawn looked alarmed before he pulled me into his arms quickly.