78

"Shawn" I groaned feeling sharp pains in my lower abdomen.

"What's wrong?" He asks in worry as I sat myself up and took deep breaths.

"I'm having really sharp pains, here" I say as I showed him where the pain was increasing from.

"Is the baby coming?" He asks.

"No it's the lion in my stomach waking up!" I say and he frowned.

"Of course it's the fucking baby" I snapped and then let out a groan.

"What should I do?" He asks and I let out a loud groan clutching the covers.

"Get me to a hospital!" I yelled and he jumped up off the bed.

Shawn hurriedly put on his shoes and called the boys  to grab the hospital bag and get the car ready.

I groaned in pain as he helped me up and put my shoes on for me. "Shawn it hurts" I cried and he shushed me.

"I can't walk" I say as he tried to help me down the stairs. I took deep breaths as he managed to get me out and into the car.

"Drive!" I yelled and Lance immediately put his foot down.

I took deep breaths and held Shawn's hand while Lance drove. Cole sat in the front with our bags, also try to be calm.

Shawn shushed me and kiss my cheek. "It's going to be okay" he assured me as I took deep breaths.

Before I could say anything I felt warm gushing liquid trickling down my legs. I let out a sharp gasp making Shawn and Cole look at me.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asks.

"My water just broke, hurry!" I yelled.

"My fucking car Elle! Hold that fucking baby in" Lance yelled as he started to drive faster.

"I'm trying" I screamed as head rolled back against the seat.

"Stop yelling!" Shawn snapped at Lance.

"Everyone just calm down!" Cole says and everything went quiet. I was taking deep breaths while holding Shawn's hand.

Once Lance stopped outside the hospital, Shawn wasted no time getting me out. Cole was holding our bags trailing behind us.

Water still dripping down my legs while I was waddling into the hospital. "We need help!" Shawn yelled making everyone look our way.

"Sir you need to keep the noise down" the receptionist says.

"Can we get some help? My girlfriend is about to have a baby, we need some assistance" Shawn says quietly.

"You'll have to wait in line" the receptionist says.

"We can't wait! The fucking baby is about to come out" Cole yelled from behind.

"Your situation doesn't seem to be very important. You can wait-"

"Listen here! You're not a fucking doctor, so you don't know how much fucking pain I'm in! I need to be seen right now, my water has broke and I'm pretty sure I'm going into labour" I yelled angrily.

After arguing with the bitchy receptionist. Finally, a real nurse came and tended us.

I was taken into a hospital room immediately, I was
put into a pale blue hospital gown and hooked up to all these machines. I had wires attached to me and machines beeping as I laid on the bed.

Shawn stood beside the bed and brushed his fingers through my hair. "I can't believe that he's going to be here any minute now" Shawn says and I nodded.

"He's like four days late than the due date so he should be here soon" I say.

"Don't you guys have a name yet?" Lance asks.

"We have but we're not telling anyone until he's born" Shawn says.

"What do you mean? It's only Cole and I, you have no other friends to tell" Lance says and I let out a giggle.

"Shut up" Shawn groaned.

"After this I'm treating you to all your favourite foods and everything you like because you deserve it" Shawn says placing a kiss on my lips making me smile.

"This might be our last few minutes of being us two, before we have another member in our home and we will officially become parents!" I say and he nods.

"What about us?" Lance yells from the couch.

"You both too" I laughed.

"It's crazy how fast these nine months have went and now he's actually going to be here" Shawn says and I nod.

"I'm so excited I really can't wait" I say and he agrees.
-

The door burst open with multiple nurses and the mid-wife, who came in sorting everything and I was pretty sure that we were ready for this baby to come out. My palms were sweating and I looked at Shawn with worry but he just patted my head and smiled at me.

"It looks like we're all ready because you are ten centimetres now" the nurse says.

They raised the bed higher and separated my legs lifting them both up. All the nurses had everything ready and the room was so crowded.

Shawn was standing by my side and I gripped on to his hand. "Right we have everything ready now. So when I tell you push, give it all your strength" the mid-wife instructs and I look up at Shawn. He kisses my head and gives my hand a light squeeze reassuring me everything is okay.

They all mumbled and nodded to each other making sure everything was ready. "Right Elle give me a push. I can already see the head" she says and I take a deep breath. I give it all my strength to push and I squeeze Shawn's hand a tight squeeze as I grunt trying to push.

"I'm never having another kid!" I screamed in pain with tears brining in my eyes.

"It's okay deep breaths, we need another push" she says and I groan.

"I can't push anymore! I can't do it" I cry and Shawn shushes me.

"Come on, just one more. You can do it baby please, I love you" Shawn says wiping my eyes and kissing my cheek.

I took a deep breath before trying to push, I gave everything trying to push but I was in so much pain. I screamed so loudly as I pushed again and again.

"One last push should do the trick" she says and I groan.

I take a deep breath gripping on to Shawn's hand tightly. "Arghh" I screamed pushing everything that I could out with my eyes squeezed shut.

Then suddenly my screaming was cut off by the sound of a crying.

The room was echoed with the sound of a wailing baby making my heart immediately clench as my eyes open.

I heard a loud thud and the nurses gasped. "Dads down!" They yelled and I turned to see Shawn had collapsed on to the floor.

I couldn't even react to Shawn passing out as a tiny baby was placed on my chest. Tears of joy sprawled out of my eyes as I held the baby to my chest.

A warmth of happiness bursted through me. After a long nine-months finally our tiny baby was in my arms. I was a mother.

Shawn's unconscious body was dragged out of the room.

"We're going to make sure dad is alright and get him back to normal. Then we will take this little baby away for testing" the nurse says.

My mind was everywhere but right now my heart was full of joy and happiness.

Finally, our baby boy was here in my arms...