Chapter 7: Shoto Todoroki

Current day January 6th, Monday

"Hey! Are you okay?!"

The mermaid took one last peek with her vision unclear. It was blurring, but she still saw the colours white and red in front of her...

I'm saved
She thought, closing her peacefully

Prince Shoto's POV

"I need medical attention now! You there! Carry this girl to Dr. Guada's office!"

"Dr. Guada?"

"Dr. Guadalupe Freisner god damn it!" I repeated myself more clearly the name of my personal doctor. This kingdom is known for citizens living happily on this land not for tormenting people who disrespects others, even though my old man didn't follow that rule... I saw what happened this afternoon, I knew this girl had no intention of stealing the crown just to sell it or to treasure it. It must've been something else, it's impossible to steal it even if isn't done in public.

I looked at the ground, where blood was covering most of the surface. It made the cell look like some sort or torturing room, even though that girl did get badly injured. Then, I spotted a large number of white round figures, but most of them were sunken into blood.

"Hey! That girl had none other but clothes that she was given to earlier, am I wrong?" I asked one of the guards while I crouch down to investigate the object

"Y-yes... all items were taken off of her, your highness" I wiped blood off of the sphere with a handkerchief, and it appears to be very shining and has a great value.

"If... if that young lady was empty handed, then why are there pearls worth thousands of money each just laying there buried in blood?!" They guards left a shook expression, their eyes were telling me things like "we didn't do anything" "we have nothing to do with this". Is she really a thief? But honestly, at that moment I just wanted her to be alive at least, she'll have a better explanation.

"Clean up the blood and bring me the pearls, also don't tell this to my old man, I'll take the responsibility for all this. I'm leaving, I have to go check on that girl first" I left while the guards quickly got to work. From what I saw, she was stabbed very deep in the shoulder and she was still conscious for a little while...

I went five floors above, where Dr. Guada's office is located. I walked pass maids and knights as they bowed to me. I ignored them like what I usually do, I can't greet every single servant in this castle, as much as I want to, I don't have the time to. And since I was always taught by my old man to ignore them, like what royals always do.

And before I knew it, i was already in front of Dr.Guada's door. "Dr. Guada!!" I slammed the door open and saw my doctor patching the girl up. He was dressed in his same old white coat. "Ah Shoto my boy! I see you've brought a badly injured young lady here" said Dr. Guada as he walked up to me and patted my back.

"Is she okay? Is she going to be alive? Is the damage permanent-

"Shoto! Sorry for my horrible attitude but you need to calm down a bit! The girl's alright but she'll have to stay in bed for a while. I'll go get some medicine, look after her while I'm gone will ya?"

"Yea sure..."

Dr. Guada smiled at me before he left the room, he was more of an old friend of mine than just being my personal doctor. Dr. Guadalupe Freisner, one of the most skilled doctors in Ellesmere and as well as many other kingdoms. He started working my old man and my mom at first, then my siblings and I came along. When I was little, I would always like to hang around in his office even when I'm not sick. And he would also babysit me since all my other siblings went to other kingdoms to study to get into their dream university. Me? I had to stay to take over my old man's place, become king of Ellesmere, not that I don't want to it's just-