Chapter 29: Hmm

Ignore how bad my chapter names are, I am just that unoriginal.

9:10pm, the ball dance

As the thrumming rhythm of classical music whispered into the guests' ears, spontaneously, they all began to dance. They rotated in a counterclockwise direction, moving gracefully and elegantly with each of their fluid movements. The dancers were all in sync with the music, those who stood by found their performance incredibly satisfying as they grinned in amusement.

(Y/N) cluelessly stood with Shoto, her head constantly shifted towards different directions to observe those who surrounded her. Her (E/C) eyes sparkled in awe. She was astonished by their outstanding performances, their movements matched the ones she had just learned from her fellow maid acquaintances. This is what she had expected, but at the same time it wasn't. It was much more greater than what she had initially pictured.

"Shall we dance?" The prince proposed, his gentle grin has never left his visage and his hands were still tenderly wrapped around (Y/N)'s. Perhaps these simple yet pacific gestures were the rationale behind the tranquil state that the girl has been in.

"Yes of course, don't let my dancing lessons go to waste!" She beamed in excitement, (Y/N)'s body and mind both held a strong desire to dance. The nervousness and worrisome for the potential amount of mistakes and slips she can make were still present. However, she figured that right now it wasn't the time to perfect her image or any of that sort, instead her own entertainment and her friends' are what she was solely focused on.

Shoto understood the girl's response, he swiftly twirled her into his arms as he rested his right hand on her back. (Y/N) quickly caught on and placed her left arm on top of her partner's right, leaving her hand lightly on his shoulder.

The two clasped their free hands together and lifted them around their eye level. When they both got comfortable with their position, their feet began to move in sync with the music and the other participants.

"Ohhh! I'm doing it, I'm actually dancing!" (Y/N) exclaimed in a low tone, not wanting to disturb the others. "Yeah, you're doing way too good for a beginner I must say." Shoto jokingly commented.

They never took their eyes off of each other, though (Y/N) was repeatedly looking at the floor to observe Shoto's footings. They fell in step, letting the rhythm control their movements.

As the music progressed, the prince relaxed his mind, he felt a sensation that he has long forgotten. Euphoria. Pleasant feelings surged through his body as his fingers tingled in delight. All the scenery and people around him dissolved. He felt like as if it was just her and him, alone in this ballroom.

...

A petit girl was witnessing a scene that would most likely be considered the most disturbing and triggering sighting to ever undergo, according to her ash blonde friend. Her eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open, the only emotion that could be interpreted from her brown orbs was pure shock. This girl was indeed Uraraka Ochaco. Every part of her body went on pause while she struggled to catch up with her thoughts. She started squinting in order to make sure that her eyes weren't deceiving her.

"No doubt that's (Y/N)..." she said under her breath. Finally seeing (Y/N) in person after a week of her absence almost felt surreal. Along with that, the (H/C) headed girl was also questionably clothed in what it appeared to be the most sumptuous dress ever made. In addition, it appeared that (Y/N) had effortlessly attainted synchronization while dancing with the prince, she was coordinated with each of his movements and the music.