Chapter 17: Sky Lanterns

Recap

*click*

A sound coming from the doors suddenly interrupted (Y/N), grabbing all of her attention form the book to the doors. Her heart started bumping faster and her breath quickened. All of those possibilities of who could be behind those gates scared her. Could it be the same person who tortured (Y/N)? Or the scary looking man with blood red hair from yesterday? The girl was trembling in fear, afraid of what could happen to her-

"Kero, (Y/N)-chan is that you?"

Said a familiar high pitching voice which calmed the (H/C) haired girl down immediately. She couldn't help but smile at her friend she made a few days ago as she quickly made her way to the green head.

"T-Tsuyu!" exclaimed (Y/N) while holding both of the frog-like girl's hands.

"Where have you been (Y/N)-chan?! Everyone started talking and gossiping about you after last time kero!" Tsuyu asked slightly looking up because of their similar height.

"Hm? Uh what is gossiping?" (Y/N) questioned awkwardly about the strange word. "Well it is the action of telling things about other people involving details that are not necessarily true, and most of the time they aim for the conversation to be disapproving for the target of the gossip kero." Tsuyu explained. "so people said bad things about me?" bluntly asked (Y/N). "yes kero! There's a lot of rumours going on about you and prince Todoroki! Some girls even thought that his highness was engaging in some relationship with you (Y/N)-chan!"

"Well I guess I can think of him as one of my friends UwU"

"..."

"Friends?! Friends with the prince?! Is this even permitted?! Just talking to any royals might get us in trouble since they consider us to just be pitiful maids kero!"

"Well I think so?! Shoto even invited me to come to his ball on his birthday in exchange he will tell me where his mother is! I said yes but I also wanted my other friends to come along, so I asked Shoto and he allowed them to come! And you are one of my friends Tsuyu! That means you are coming too!"

"W-what?!"  Tsuyu yelled while choking on air

"I said you are coming to the ball with me and my other friends OwO!"

"..." Tsuyu stayed speechless, her jaw dropped and her eyes were wide open. The green headed girl has never made any connections with the prince, in fact she never saw the prince this close in person exception from last time when Shoto barged into the maids room just to look for (Y/N). And all the other maids too, even Ms. Dayton wouldn't be able to present at the ball.

"But I can't go (Y/N), this isn't just some party celebrating a boy's birthday from a village kero! This is a prince's anniversary from one of the most powerful kingdoms in Gondolin! Furthermore the coronation for his highness!" Tsuyu cleared up "(Y/N)-chan, I understand that prince Todoroki might have taken some particular interests in you... but that doesn't mean you can order the prince around to do whatever you're satisfied with kero... Especially when it has something to do with me or even your other friends. Normal travellers nor lower ranked maids won't stand a change to participate in such important events. Aren't you afraid that you might get your friends in trouble? Or even the prince himself?"

"No! Not at all! Shoto will be crowned king soon and plus I really think you're underestimating my friends a little Tsuyu! They are really strong and capable to handle any situations! I've always wanted to do something for everything they've done for me. And I think inviting them to the royal ball would be great for us to all have fun!" The girl said

Tsuyu started thinking for a moment "Well here's the thing... I do agree with your decisions (Y/N)-chan but it's just that I'm still worried about you and your friends kero... Prince Todoroki's birthday is celebrated like New Year, even more significant and complicated. Hundreds of of royal guests will be attending this event at the castle. Since his highness will also be looking for a partner who comes from a kingdom as powerful as Ellesmere. They need to invite many princesses from all around Gondolin and because of that the castle and the kingdom will be surrounded by countless of well trained guards. So without a proper invitation card, there's no way you can get into the castle."