Chpater 23: Our Last Hope

Current day: January 10th, Friday

"I hope you enjoyed your stay! We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a nice day!" Said the front desk lady, as she waved to the group of wanderers who were heading towards the exit of their hotel.

"Tch making a call at 6 in the morning only to inform us that they're kicking us out in the next hour" Bakugou complained.

"Well this is the most popular and fancy place to stay at Ellesmere Kingdom after all, needing more rooms is only natural..." stated Kirishima.

It is 7:00 in the morning, in exactly 12 hours the royal ball would commence... Bakugou and his companions were rambling in the streets with nowhere else to go.

"Wow so many decorations and people! Yesterday wasn't like this at all!" Exclaimed Midoriya in awe.

"Of course Midoriya! We must celebrate the prince's 21st anniversary as appreciative as possible! Essentially, he is the heir to the throne!" Iida explained.

The citizens were all decorating their kingdom and setting up many activities for the festivals later on. Many white and red banners where hung across houses to houses, representing their soon to be leader, Shoto Todoroki.

"I'm still confused... I thought he had older brothers, I'm pretty sure he's not the eldest one...?" Asked a confounded Kirishima.

"He's the third son to the Todoroki family, but the eldest one disappeared while the middle brother moved away once he reached adulthood. Rumours said that King Enji wasn't pleased with his other sons for some unknown reasons, that's why Prince Shoto is the only one left." Unfolded Uraraka.

"I don't care about that damn it! The only thing I want to know is why the hell are we celebrating his birthday today when it's tomorrow!!?!" Questioned Bakugou impatiently.

"The answer to that is simple Bakugou, in fact we are not celebrating his birthday officially today but instead we are making a countdown at night! The citizens will be gathering together with their family and friends as well, if this event isn't brilliant then I don't know what is!" Iida clarified.

"Then what's the whole damn point of doing that?!" Bakugou asked once again.

"The main reason of doing so is because of king Enji's desperate wish of his son marrying a woman from another kingdom as equally or even more powerful to their own. Since the coronation is tomorrow too, king Enji wants his son to get married as well. His majesty proclaimed about how his son will be choosing his queen at the royal ball. But just yesterday the king had changed his idea and decides to choose for him, the explanation for that is still yet to be revealed..." Uraraka explained.

"WHAT?! IF HE'S GETTING HIS FIANCÉE TODAY THEN WHY THE HELL IS HE STILL KEEPING (Y/N)?!?" Bakugou yelled in irritation.

"The prince is a player I see..." mumbled Midoriya making his iconic thinking expression.

"Whoa where did that come from Midoriya?" Kirishima said as he laughed to his well made point.

"HAH?! YOU'RE SAYING THAT THE PRINCE IS TAKING (Y/N) JUST SO HE CAN PLAY WITH HER DAMN FEELINGS AND DITCH HER AFTERWARDS?!?" Bakugou couldn't control his temper as he yelled and attacked his childhood friend once more.