Ch 30: Training

Hello everyone! So I'm happy to say I'm on track to update a new chapter every Friday. It's going to be a schedule I'm going to try and stick to, but once school starts back up for me, who knows what will happen lol.

However, I am having some issues with my computer and the Wattpad website, along with the editor app I use, Grammarly. It's been continuously deleting and/or repeating paragraphs and words. So, if you see anything that looks weird or just doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll go in and correct it.

Anyway, thanks for all the continuous support and expect a chapter next week!

Also, thank you for all the well wishes. I've finally started to get better. I appreciate all the kind words of support <3

~~~

Kayden looked like an idiot standing outside Adelaide's door grinning. He couldn't help himself, though. His entire body was still registering what had just happened. Kayden had never seen Adelaide make such a cute expression before, and knowing he was the cause behind it, had sent him into a strange state of giddiness.

Realizing he probably needed to move, Kayden pushed away from Adelaide's door and, with one last glance, began wandering aimlessly throughout the castle. He looked curiously at the hand that had ruffled Adelaide's hair and was reminded of the feel of her hair and how soft, and surprisingly thick her curls had been. He had always thought her hair was thinner, like wispy strands of light. Recalling the sensation elicited a shiver done Kayden's back that had goosebumps rising up his arms.

Before Kayden could stop himself, his mind was a mess of what-if scenarios. His fantasies were beginning to take root in his brain as actual possibilities, a dangerous thing to allow yourself to divulge in. He wondered openly now if Adelaide could feel for him what she felt for Henry. He wasn't sure if he was being presumptuous, but he had made her blush. That had to count for something, right? Shaking his head in disappointment at his own eagerness and rampant thought process, Kayden found at least a little solace knowing Adelaide, at least now, considered him a friend.

Forcing his mind to focus on more pressing matters, Kayden pushed aside Adelaide and the ridiculous side adventure she was planning. During the commotion of everything, Kayden had forgotten he was supposed to be training the new arrivals. After all, if Henry were to take back England, he would need an army; not a group of untrained, inexperienced children.