Chapter 1 How It Begins

Normal Pov.

Thunder struck across the sky as rain pelted the ground below. The wind blow harshly, shaking trees as it did. The ground was nothing but mud at this point and the creatures of the woods quickly took shelter from the storm. 

Then a large figure runs by.

It keeps running trying to get away from something. The rain beating against the figure that seems to be heading in a random direction. In these harsh conditions it had a hard time noticing the spear that just missed his body and in-bedded itself in the tree he just passed. It bobbed and weaved through the trees trying to lose its assailants.

???:"Why did this have to happen to me?!" 

....................................

*Earlier that day*

It was a beautiful sunny day outside with birds flying around and the gentle waves of the ocean only adding to that. The rays from outside shine through a window and onto a young boys face. Said boy squints his eyes trying in vain to remain asleep but ultimately fails. 

The boy wakes with a groan before rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He stares at the ceiling for a good minute before pulling the covers off of himself then slowly getting out of bed. He stretches his body out, hearing his joints crack and pop as he works to get them all stretched out. 

When that was done he headed downstairs and over to the kitchen where he grabs a stool to help himself reach the upper cabinets. After a minute of searching he pulls out a box of cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch to be exact, placing the box on the counter before going to the fridge and pulling out the milk carton. Reaching under the counter and pulling out a bowl big enough to quail his appetite. With everything there he began making his breakfast. This being one of his favorites cereals this might just be a good morning after all. One could only hope.

He sat in silence as he ate, actually enjoying these moments of peace and quiet that don't happen too often. Sadly right as he finished his breakfast the warp pad went off and ended his peace with the sounds of the gems arguing. Their voices seem to ring across the room ending the great silence that was the being of his peaceful morning.   

Stevens Pov.

I looked to the warp pad as I was putting my bowl in the sink. I saw Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl standing there arguing with one another. I also noticed how beat up they all looked, seems they must of gotten into a nasty fight with a gem monster. Not wanting them to continue arguing I call out to them.

"Hey Guys!" 

They stopped arguing and turned to me.

Garnet:"Good morning Steven how was your sleep"

"It was pretty good"

Garnet:"Good to hear"

With that she goes into her room.

I then turn to Amethyst and Pearl and see them arguing with each other again.

Pear:"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT!!!"

Amethyst:"Jeez Pearl you need to chill it wasn't that much of a problem"

Pearl:"WE HAD TO FIGHT OFF WAVES OF SENTRIES BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T KEEP YOUR SELF FROM TOUCHING THE 'COOL' THING!!!"

Amethyst:"And it was totally worth it. Hey Steven check this thing out!"

Amethyst pulls out a strange cube with even stranger gem markings all over it. I had a hard time understanding what the markings meant. But from what I could make out it seemed to depict a giant person towering over smaller beings with his hands raised in the air, destruction and mayhem ensuing in the background. I didn't get to continue looking cause Pearl came over and tried to snatch the box from me, but fail.