Chapter 8 Training

Normal Pov.

Two days have passed since the fight and not much has happened. The gems came back 3 hours after the fight to find Steven sitting on the couch holding Lapis's gem while glaring at them. The gems tried to apologize for what they did but Steven wasn't having any of it. Pearl tried to play the self defense card, only to have her head ripped off. After that display Garnet and Amethyst backed off and gave Steven some space for awhile. It took around a day for Lapis to reform. Steven spent the next day talking/hanging out with Lapis and making sure nothing else happened to her.

The third day is when things got interesting.

Stevens Pov.

I was sitting on my bed watching Crying Breakfast Friends with Lapis when I heard a knock on my door, I got up walked over to the door. Upon opening it I'm met with Connie looking at me.

"*Growling* What do you want?"

Connie rolled her eyes.

Connie:"I came to start my first day of training with Pearl"

I could not believe what I just heard. Pearl was training Connie, a HUMAN. Then Pearl walked out of her room and saw us.

Pearl:"Ah Connie your early, you weren't suppose to be here for another hour"

Connie:"Sorry but I got so exited that I just couldn't wait"

Pearl:"Well no matter. Come Connie we will begin your training immediately"

"Now hold on just a second!"

The two stopped and looked at me.

"*Incredulous* Since when are you suddenly okay with training a human?"

Pearl:"Well she wanted to learn how to wield a sword so I offered to teach her"

"Well what about me? I need help controlling my powers yet you and the others refuse to help me, but your willing to train Connie? WHAT THE FUCK!!!"

Pearl:"Language Steven!"

I was about to go into a rant when Lapis stepped in.

Lapis:"Steven why don't I help you with your powers while those two play with their swords"

I think about it for a moment before agreeing.

"Sure Lapis I'm down for that"

Pearl:"No you will not be teaching Steven anything under any circumstances! He will wait until either me or Garnet are ready to teach him!"

"And when will that be Pearl?"

Pearl looked at me with a smirk.

Pearl:"When I feel your good and ready. Now come Connie we have much training to do"

With that the two warp away to god knows where. After a moment of silence I turn to Lapis.

"So when is our first lesson?"

Lapis looked at me surprised that I was so willing to disobey Pearls orders before smiling.

Lapis:"Step on the warp pad with me and I'll take us to a perfect spot to train"

And so I got on the warp pad and warped away with Lapis.

......................

When we arrived I looked around and was amazed by what I saw. It was a massive valley area with blue crystals scattered everywhere, even a small stream. There were even massive spires made of purple crystals that glowed. Some small floating islands scattered all over, fairing in size. All an all the place was beautiful.