Chapter 2 What Am I?

Normal Pov.

Dark gray clouds hang high in the sky, blocking the world from the sun. The occasional sound of thunder would ring out across the lands. Down below, near a riverbank lied a still form. The form belonged to none other then Steven Universe.

He laid there on the muddy ground with half his body still in the water, but was not swept away. He would have remained there on the ground unconscious if not for a visitor.

A small bird flew down upon him and landed on his head. The bird would chirp every few seconds and peck at his head. It kept doing this until Steven started to stir. The bird seemed to hesitate for a moment before continuing pecking Stevens head.

Big mistake.

Steven:"Get off me!"

He swiped at the bird. Said bird panicked and flew away, leaving Steven alone. Still slightly disorientated Steven propped himself up on his knees while trying to clear his head. Shaking his head he got to his feet and surveyed the area.

He appeared to be in some forest given all the trees surrounding him. Turning to the river he looked up it and saw nothing resembling the cliff he fell off.

Steven:"How far did the river take me?"

Just then his head started pounding. He gripped his head as the pain started to become unbearable. After a few moments the pain settled down a bit but wasn't fully gone yet.

Steven:"*Grumbles* Where are some painkillers when you need them"

Then memories of last night resurfaced from his mind. The gem facility, some weird device, an explosion, the gems rushing at him, running through the storm, then final the fall from the cliff and the murderous looks from the ones he called family. This rush of memories caused him to fall to his knees once more.

Steven:"*Distraught* T-they attacked me! They looked ready to kill me?!?!"

Tears began to cloud his vision as the memories repeated themselves over and over again. In moments they fell as his grief fully made itself aware. As his tears fall he wonders what he should do now, the gems made it VERY clear that they will attack him with the intent to kill. He would have to dwell on this later as he realized just how parched he is. Turning back to the river he questions if he should drink from it but seeing no other sources of water he reluctantly drinks from it. After drinking what could have been gallons worth of water he raised his head from the water. Gazing upon the water he notices his reflection and his heart stops, his whole body was different in not only size, but in shape, and color.

He's not just taller but a LOT taller, around 8 feet tall making him a head taller then Garnet. Under the remains of his shirt and pants (rags at this point) he appears to have well defined muscles to go with his new bulky frame which is a dark pink. Covering his body was some kind of bright pink armor that seems to be made of the same stuff as his gem and looked to be merged with his body. Across his body were brown vines that went over his armor and were covered in white thorns. Turning he sees that his spine was exposed with tidbits of flesh clinging to it. Turning back around he gazes at his fingers that seem to be encased in the same kind of armor as the rest of his body that end in sharp claws, his toes were in the same boat. His face seems to be armored just like the rest of his body with a pair of pointy ears. His eyes though were black and the iris was pink with a slight glow to it. His hair was more wild and spiky, reaching the base of his neck with the base of the hair colored a dark pink and becoming lighter going up. When he open his mouth he found two rows of teeth, the front set were sharp and pointy while the second row looked like normal teeth.