Chapter 23 The Beginning of An End

Normal Pov.

Steven groaned as he returned to the waking world. Slowly he opens his eyes and fines himself in a place he doesn't recognize.

It was a dark rectangular room with nothing in it. The only source of light was from slits in the walls near the ceiling. Then the room started to shake and he felt himself slide across the floor and hit one of the walls. Groaning a little he figured that this is not a room but a trailer that's most likely attached to a truck. That also meant that he was being taken somewhere. Not wanting to find out where he's being taken he tried to get up only to fined himself unable to. Curious he looked down and saw the reason why.

He was wrapped up in thick cables with harpoons sticking out of him.

This revelation brought forth a flood of memories. He remembers how he took Lapis and Peridot to Beach City, had fun at the beach, got some pizza, visited the arcade, the fight with Kevin, the soldiers, and finally being captured. Fully aware of the situation he was in, Steven began trying to get free of the cables.

He struggled and the cables refused to yield. Then the pain made itself known to him. Biting his tongue to hold back the scream that desperately wanted to get out, he continued to struggle. In hindsight he should have realize that he still had holes in his body thanks to the harpoons still in him.

After what felt like forever Steven gave up. He realizes that he's not getting out of this anytime soon so its best wait and see where he's going.

................................

Hours pass before the shaking stops. Steven could hear voices outside but had a hard time making out what was being said. Before long the back of the trailer opens up and Steven could hardly see due to light flooding into the dark trailer. Soon a figure climes into the trailer and crouches over him.

???:"You awake freak?"

The only reply the man got was a deep growl.

???:"Well fuck you to then"

The guy then proceeded to drag him by the feet out of the trailer and dumping me onto the ground outside. It only took a moment for Stevens eyes to adjust to the new lighting but when they did he couldn't help but shutter a little.

There were dozens of men and women all dressed in the same outfit as the guy at the arcade with their guns pointed right at him. He wouldn't be scared if not for the fact that they might have those armor piercing rounds that seem to go through his armor. His eyes soon spot the man that brought him.

Reznikov:"Good to see that your awake"

Steven:"*Growls* Where am I?"

Reznikov:"*Chuckles* That's a secret"

He raises a hand and ushers some soldiers to get Steven to his feet.

Reznikov:"For now you'll follow me. Oh and welcome to Watchdogs HQ"

He soon walked off with Steven, unwillingly, following behind. Using this moment Steven observed his surroundings.

He was in what he could guess was a hanger of sorts, with all the vehicles and helicopters strewn about. The walls appear to be made completely out of concrete and one of these walls had a sort of observation deck built into it. The ceiling was about 30 feet in the air and had turrets hanging from it, said turrets were aimed right at him and following his every move. Behind him he could barely see the massive blast-doors that block him off from the outside world. Looking forward he saw a platform that lead down a shaft. Upon stepping onto it the platform began moving down, indicating that it was some kind of elevator.