Chapter 20 Cluster

Normal Speak:"Hey"

Steven Speak:"Sup"

.........................................................

Normal Pov.

The moment that Steven and Lapis got off the warp pad the ground started to shake violently. Lapis clung to Steven while said boy was using his vines to help keep him balanced. Steven then continued to carry Lapis over to the barn trying his best not fall over. By the time they got to the barn the shaking got even worse and the ground itself was tearing open.

Steven looked around trying to find the gems. He soon saw them by the drill and quickly made his way over. Once he was close enough the gems spotted him and flinch at the sight of Stevens new appearance. Amethyst runs over with a worried expression.

Amethyst:"What happened to him?!"

Steven tried his best to speak but all that came out was groan. Seeing his predicament Lapis decided to speak for them.

Lapis:"We ran into Jasper"

This got a reaction out of everybody. Garnet tensed up, Pearl was shocked, Amethyst looked even more worried, and Peridot was straight up panicking. Garnet then walked up to the two.

Garnet:"Where?"

Lapis:"At the strawberry battlefield"

Then Pearl walked forward. Steven saw her coming so held Lapis even closer while growling at the Pearl threateningly. Pearl flinched at this but didn't stop her from speaking.

Pearl:"And what were you two doing there?"

Lapis:"*Blushing* We were going on what the humans refer to as a date"

Lapis then gained a annoyed expression. Steven cooed to her, trying to lighten her mood. It work, she smiled at him and nestled into his chest.

Lapis:"*Mumbles* It was going so well until SHE came"

Garnet couldn't help but smile at this while Pearl just scoffed.

Pearl:"Well then why don't you two-"

Pearl was cut off by the ground shaking even more violently and more of it started to open up. Pearl and Amethyst fell to the ground while Garnet held her ground and Peridot simply clung to the drill.

Peridot:"We don't have time for chit chat, we need to get down to the cluster and stop it from forming!"

With that said they all gathered around the drill and discovered one problem. Only two people can fit inside.

Amethyst:"So who's going?"

Peridot:"I'm obviously going since I'm the only one that can pilot it"

The gems soon got into a argument on who should go with Peridot. Steven and Lapis watch this go on with deadpan expressions. Getting tired of the arguing Steven sets Lapis down and gives her a kiss before walking over. He pushes through the gems and picks up Peridot. He then proceeds to climb into drill and sat Peridot down next to him before pointing at the controls. Understanding what he wanted her to do Peridot activated the drill and closes the window. Garnet and Pearl tried to stop them but they were too late and were already drilling into the planet.

As the two were drilling to the clusters location Peridot was checking over a few things on the control panel.

Peridot:"Okay all systems seem to be working fine, we have enough fuel to reach the cluster and make it back to the surface. Now we just have to wait two hours before we reach the cluster"