Chapter 18 Message Received

Normal Speak:"Hello"

Steven Speak:"ladies~"

.........................................................

Normal Pov.

The group had just gotten back from the moon base and were discussing what to do next.

Amethyst:"How much longer until we can use the drill?"

Pearl:"Well with the new coordinates we got from the moon base we should be ready to go, but we should perform a few test first"

While the gems were talking Steven was watching Peridot, who was making her way inside the barn with something in her grasp. Curiosity getting the better of him he followed Peridot. Once in the barn he found Peridot holding some strange device and the moment she saw him she quickly hid it behind her back, making him suspicious of what it could be.

Steven:"Peridot what's that you got behind your back?"

Peridots eyes widen. She quickly replies.

Peridot:"*Nervous* N-Nothing important!"

Steven narrows his eyes.

Steven:"Then why are you hiding it from me?"

Steven starts walking towards her while she backs up.

Peridot:"*Sweating bullets* I-I'm not-"

Peridots back hit the wall as Steven closed in and was only a few inches from her.

Steven:"*Temper rising* Lies! Your hiding something and I want to know what it is!"

Peridot was backed into a corner and running out of options. Before she could even attempt to do something Steven reaches behind her and snatches the device from her.

Steven:"What is this!?"

Peridot:"It's nothing!"

Steven:"Then you won't mind if I-"

Steven tightens his hold on the device causing it to groan in protest.

Steven:"-Crush it!"

Peridot:"*Panicked*NO DON'T!!!"

Steven:"THEN WHAT IS IT!!!"

Peridot:"IT'S A COMMUNICATOR!!!"

Silence falls over the two as Steven processes what she just said.

Steven:"...What?..."

Peridot was hesitant at first but elaborated.

Peridot:"It's a communicator, more specifically a direct line to the diamonds"

Steven takes a few steps back while looking at Peridot in disbelieve.

Steven:"Your still trying to go home..."

Peridot:"Steven that's not-"

Steven:"Your still loyal to Homeworld..."

Peridot:"You got it all wrong I was gonna-"

When Peridot looks Steven in the eyes she could see the hurt and betrayal in them, the sight brought an ache to her chest.

Steven:"I tried so hard for the gems to accept you *Face morphs into a scowl* and you turn your back on me!"

Steven tosses the device out the door before stalking towards her. Once he's in range he grabs her by the neck and raises her in the air with her clawing at his arm.