Chapter 12 Training Again

Normal Pov.

We see a warp pad go off in the crystal fields. Once the stream dies down we see Steven, Lapis, Amethyst, and little Oak standing there.

Amethyst:"So why are we here again?"

Lapis:"*Sigh* We're here to help Steven train with his powers. He wants to try and summon his shield today and maybe test out his plant powers a bit more.

Amethyst:"Oh okay then"

The group walks over to a clearing and see the two tree man just standing there looking bored.

Steven:"Hey guys how's it been!"

The tree man look at him, then at each other before pulling Steven into a massive hug.

Steven:"Hahaha I see you two missed me"

The two trees groan as a reply. Suddenly little Oak runs over and barks at them. This gets the trees attention, they set Steven down and start to inspect little Oak. It doesn't take long for the three to become friends.

Lapis:"They seem to get along quite well"

Amethyst:"Probably because Steven made him and the two can tell"

Steven:"Maybe but enough about that lets get to training"

Amethyst:"Well how are we gonna start?"

Lapis:"How about we first try to get Steven to summon his shield"

Steven proceeded to try and summon his shield but every attempt either gave him his plated bubble or his second form. Steven was starting to get frustrated which didn't help. After the 30th attempt Steven decided to take a break. He went over to a broken crystal that's laying on the ground not too far away and sat on it.

Steven:"Aaaahhhh this is pointless no matter what I do I can't seem to summon my shield!"

Lapis walked over and placed her hand on his shoulder.

Lapis:"Hey don't worry I know you'll get it eventually, you just need to keep trying"

Steven looked at Lapis for a moment before smiling.

Steven:"Your right"

Steven got up and walked back to the center of the clearing.

Steven:"But for now I think I should try something else for a bit"

Stevens vines shot into the ground.

Steven:"Like say... some gardening!"

Soon the ground started to shake, then multiple wooden hands shot out of the ground. Said hands began to tear the ground around them apart before pulling the owners of said hands out. What came out were five new tree man.

 What came out were five new tree man