Chapter 16 Birthday Boy

Normal Pov.

It's been a few days since construction on the drill begun. During that time Steven tried his best to keep the peace between Peridot and the gems, so far it's worked... for the most part.

Pearl had gotten into a argument with Peridot which lead to a giant robot competition that quickly turned into a fight with Peridot winning due to her robot being bigger, stronger, and more heavily armored then Pearls more nimble one. The sight of the two competing in giant robots was almost poetic.

After that bit of entertainment we immediately went back to building the drill, which was harder to make then they thought.

We now come to today, Stevens 14th birthday!

Steven was actually a bit exited, thanks to the surprise Garnet gave him. Garnet had woken him up at midnight and told him of how Ruby and Sapphire had met. Steven was really surprised that it all started because of his mother attacking Sapphire, not the best first impression in the world. But because of the attack it lead to Ruby trying to protect her and accidentally fusing with her. After they fused on accident Ruby was gonna be shattered for it but Sapphire got her out of there before it happened, which lead to meeting his mom again but on a better note. Steven was really into the story and thought it was quite romantic with a bit of thrill added to it.

When morning came around things got a bit awkward and tense due to Pearl bringing Connie with her to the party. Apparently Pearl thought that the two could make up and be friends again. Steven was hesitant at first but decided to just give it ago, if it didn't work out then that was that. As of right now Steven was talking with Lapis while Garnet and Amethyst set the party.

Steven:"*Grumbles* I still can't believe Pearl invited Connie when she knows things are not good between us at the moment"

Lapis:"*Shakes her head* That's just her ego making her think she knows what's best. I'm still surprised that you even let Pearl come"

Steven:"*Sighs* Not like I have much of a choice when she just shows up and says she's apart of the party. I tell ya she needs help with that ego or whatever makes her think she knows best"

Lapis:"*Kisses his cheek* Just ignore them and you'll make it through without maiming someone"

Steven:"*Grumbles* That was one time and you know she had it coming"

The two's conversation was interrupted by the sound of a horn. They turn to see Greg's van pull up to the barn. Greg soon comes out the van. Steven heads over to greet his dad with Lapis not far behind.

Steven:"Dad you finally made it! I thought you might have fallen asleep back at the car wash"

Greg:"Did you really think I would miss you special day?"

Steven:"Well..."

Gregs expression took a dive before Steven started laughing.

Steven:"*Laughing* Just kidding, man you are so easy to fool!"

Greg:"*Chuckles* Why you, come here!"

Greg then tackles Steven trying to get him to the ground but Steven simply wouldn't budge one bit. After a few minutes of trying Greg gave up.

Greg:"Man you're one tough cookie, you sure have grown since last year... a little too much if you ask me"

Steven:"*Chuckles* Your just jealous that I'm taller and have more defined muscles then you"

As if to prove his point Steven flexed his right arm and his muscles bulged with strength. Greg took on a somber look and looked down in defeat. Soon Connie came out the back of the van in a red sun dress with a large hat (A/N: If you've already seen the episode then you know what she's wearing). She soon spotted Steven and went over to him.