5

I have never been more scared all my life. As I watched the doctor sterilise his equipment, my hands and legs were shaking. Tears were falling from my eyes. Sani strolled over to me from the doctor's table where he was nonchalantly tapping away on his expensive iPhone.

"Wallahi, wallahi Yasmeen. If you ever tell anyone about any of this, I will kill your brother and you. And if you think you can run and hide, I will find you. You know I don't bluff. You know I'll do it" he said in my ear so the doctor won't hear. I cried harder. Ya Allah, punish Sani for what he has done to me.

"Ready" the doctor announced, gaining our attention.

****
After unknown minutes of excruciating agony, it was over. I felt light headed and my body was radiating with pain. At this point, I'm sure I have cried out all my body water. I was drained, exhausted and in pain.

"Make sure you drink lots of water and rest plentifully" the doctor advised as he scribbled something on a prescription sheet which he gave to Sani.

"I will make sure she does" Sani replied with an angelic smile, crumbling the sheet without the doctor noticing. He can't me being seen taking post-abortion drugs.

We arrived at the palace and he dropped me where he had picked me up, at the back gate. And without a word, he drove off. What about my phone?

"Where are you coming from? And why are you sneaking in?" I froze. I looked up an was met with eyes like my father's.

"I-I.."

He had an eyebrow raised, waiting for my answer. What do I tell him? I was sincerely tired. I just want to lie down. My eyes started drooping and then darkness swallowed me.

MUBASSHIR'S P.O.V

I wonder what is up with this girl. She's so mysterious. I looked at her sneaking back into the palace. Probably went to meet a boyfriend. With a pretty face like hers, I'm sure all the little boys of this emirate are swooning.

"Where are you coming from and why are you sneaking in?" I ask making her jump, startled. I could help the smirk that took over my lips. I watched her stutter. Yeah she definitely went to meet a boyfriend. Her eyes started to close and before I knew what it she was falling. My reflexes kicked in and I caught her. She was so pale and her hands were cold. What happened to this girl? I tried shaking her awake, no response. So I called the maids. They rushed to me and took her from my arms after greeting me.

"Ina taje haka?(Where did she go?)" I asked them as they lowered her onto a mat in the courtyard. She was breathing.
They all started fidgeting, meaning they know where she went.

"I'm waiting " I say, my voice going octaves higher.

"She was sick so she went to the hospital " an older looking girl answered with a shaky voice.

"Does anyone besides you know she was sick?" I asked. They were obviously lying to my face. The disrespect.

"One more lie and I'm sending you all packing " I threatened. The all froze, probably wondering why my threat was that serious. By God I'll do it. I hate it when people lie to me. A caramel skinned girl with what looked like a whip scar on her face spoke up.

"She got pregnant!"

A chill ran down my spine. She did what now?

"And?" I press on managing to keep my shock at bay.

"She went to take it out" she completed. All the while, the other girls were giving her signals to stop talking. My gut twisted at this newly found information. She got pregnant? How old is this girl? How did she get pregnant? Was it in this palace or outside? I have so many questions that only she can answer.