7

MUBASSHIR'S P.O.V

I just found out from my mother where that Yasmeen girl lives. Some house at the edge of Rimi. I so badly want to he hear her side of the story. I just couldn't  let the whole thing go like that without investigating. I feel there is more.

"Dambazau" I called to the head guard.

"Allah ya jaa zamanin dan Zaki. Allah ya sa kafi haka, yaro gatan talakawa(praises)" I couldn't help but smile as he praised and prayed for me. I can't actually wait to become the 'Zaki' (lion). This 'Dan zaki' thing is beginning to piss me off.

"Prepare the cars, we're going out" I ordered.

"An gama Yareemah (consider it done prince)" he finished, almost running off. I love it. The feeling of power, seeing people bend to your whims and caprices. It a whole new kind of high.

"The cars are ready my prince " he reported and I nodded.

With three bangs of the hunters gun, we were on our way.

The house is small. I mean compared to my palace. Just an intimate home so to say for a little family. How adorable. The sirens are loud and the cars are glinting in the mid day sun. Just how I like to get around. We stopped at the gate and one of the guards opened the gates. There were a lot of people sitting on mats, chairs. Women were crying?

Cars were parked all over. I don't think there will be enough space for mine. I guess people have to move then.

But what is happening? I got down from the car. The 'dogarai ' were playing the kaakaki (flute), announcing my arrival. My eye caught that peasant that ran into me at the palace the other day and my mood instantly changed. What is he doing here? I want to knock his teeth far down his throat wallahi. He walked up to me with his face twisted in distaste but was stopped before he could get to me.

"What do you want?" He spat.

"That is no way to talk to the prince " the guard warned. I waved him with my hand, signalling him to let the boy be. He looks older than I am but whatever.

"Get me Yasmeen. I was told she lives here" I say and for some reason, that got him mad. He was about to lunge at me when she came out from the back. Her beautiful face was shining but her eyes were dull and had bags under them. Like she hasn't been getting enough sleep or she's been crying. Why am I noticing that?

She saw me and her sad face changed to a disgusted one. An angry one. She came so close to me I thought she was going to kiss me.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING? WE ARE MOURNING FOR ALLAH'S SAKE. YOU COME IN HERE WITH YOUR MANY CARS AND GUARDS, ASKING FOR ATTENTION. WELL I'M SORRY TO BE THE ONE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOUR ARROGANT SELF!! SO PLEASE LEAVE. THIS IS NOT YOUR PALACE AND YOU ARE MOST DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME HERE!"

She shouted directly into my face before anyone could react. Her words floored me. She's mourning? Who died? But then, how dare she talk to me like that! In public. I stood perplexed for about ten seconds, deciding how to react.

"Ke yarinya yar-" I cut the guard short. I was still dazed. No one, not even my mother has ever shouted in my face. But this girl, this girl is going to be punished.

"You heard the girl" the asshole spoke. I'm guessing he's her brother. I'll deal with them. I got into my car and ordered the driver to turn off the sirens.

***

I reported back to my father, what happened at Yasmeen's.

"Is this why you called a meeting? People left their lives to come and listen to this?" My father spat. I did not see that reaction coming.

"Father she disrespected me-"

"You disrespected her first! The girl's mother died for God sake. What took you there? You are someday going to be the emir but not with this behaviour. Go and get yourself something to do. You are dismissed " he finished. I bowed my head and left.

I went to my room, took of the stupid turban that no one seems to respect and showered. I dressed in a pair of jeans and a grey sweatshirt. I need to get out of here. So I took my wallet and a small suitcase and headed to the airport.

***
Abuja is beautiful, soothing. Just what I need. I lodged into my suite and went out to get a car to rent. I don't know how long I'll be here so I need a means to get around. I rented a dodge ram 1500, it's what I'm in the mood for. First up, food.

YASMEEN'S P.O.V

*We will be arriving Manchester airport in approximately five minutes. The temperature is a cool 14 degrees Celsius, a tad bit cloudy and humid. Do enjoy your stay in Manchester *

My heart did a 360. Its really about to happen. I fixed my abaya and prepared to take Manchester by storm.

I called Saddam immediately I got a phone and set it up. He had paid for everything: tuition, accommodation. I was set to start school on Monday.

*A month later *

I strolled down the halls of the school, heading to my next class when I guy came running towards me. He was breathing hard so he stopped to catch his breath. My heart was beating so fast. I pretend not to see him and kept walking.

"Wait!" He called. I still ignored him and kept walking. Faster this time. I could hear him coming after me. Before I could react, he grabbed my hand. I panicked. His touch took me back to when Sani... I burst.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, causing people to stare at us. He was taken aback. He released my hand and looked at his. As if to see the acid on it that made me react that way. I felt a tinge of guilt, but I don't regret anything.

"I'm sorry" he mouthed.

"I didn't mean to upset you" he says. I know he didn't mean to but him touching me has taken me back to my dark days. My throat closed up, my heart went haywire in my chest and tears blurred my vision. So I ran off.

I found a janitorial closet and entered the small stuffy place. I was afraid to close my eyes because every time I did, Sani was there, with his whip. I could feel his hands all over me. I cried and cried. The door suddenly opened and Sani stood there, smiling at me.

"No! Please No! Don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me" I begged. I closed my eyes in preparation for what came next by nothing came. I opened my eyes again and a dumbfounded dark skinned guy stared at me. It was the guy from before. He followed me?

"Are you alright" he asked with a thick British accent. Relief flooded my being and I began to breathe. In...out..in..out no Sani. No Sani.

He took me to the nurse. She gave me some pills to help calm me down and told me to rest. I suddenly realized I needed a rest truly. The last thing I saw before closing my eyes was a smile from a foreign boy.

A/N

HEY YOU. WHAS GOOOOOOD??!!