15

It's been almost three weeks since my dinner with his eminence, the ass. He teaches my class twice every week but not once has he looked in my direction much less looked at me. Did I mention that he is an amazing teacher? Well he is an amazing teacher. Everyone loves his class. He laughs and jokes in class. Makes me wonder why he acts stuck up around me.

The fact that I wanted him to look for me bugged me. He didn't call my phone even once, speak to me or pop up in my apartment. Thinking about it just got me pissed. So he makes me tell him my life history then he pretends he doesn't know me? What is that about? I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have told him anything. I shouldn't have gone to that stupid dinner with him.

The clock striked twelve and everyone began to shuffle out of the class. Tumi and I included. We went straight to the cafeteria.

"Why is your tray empty?" Fatumi asks pointing to the apple and water bottle on my tray. I chuckle.

"I'm trying to cut down on the calories. I didn't fit into my favourite pair of jeans today! It was so painful "

She bursts out laughing.

"Just get new jeans man" i reduce my eyes, daring her to keep talking.

"Easy for you to say miss size 6" she laughs.

"What can i say, i made a covenant with food" she says, flipping her hijab.

"But sis seriously, you are a size 14 with an itty bitty waistline! That is almost impossible! In fact I'm beginning to suspect you're a witch " now it was my turn to burst out laughing. Its true. My almost flat stomach is something I'm really proud of. But my waist isn't exactly itty bitty.

"Hey" a girl said as she walks up to our table. She looks like she jumped out of telemundo and she has an accent I couldn't place..

"Hey" i say back with a smile, Fatumi who was being too focused on her good looking burger, didn't hear.

"Are you Yasmeen??"

"Yes i am. Why?" I ask, finding it weird that someone was asking for me. I barely talk to anyone aside Fatumi and Jafaa.

"The Psychology teacher sent me to get you" my heart sped up, not out of fear or panic but something that felt like excitement.

"Why? Did he mention what he wanted?"

"No. He's in the lecture room B8" she says and walks away. I think she's our class representative.

"Thanks" I say although she's out of earshot.

"I was beginning to wonder why you two stopped talking "

I roll my eyes. I've been avoiding this conversation with her. But now it seems i can't run anymore.

"Are you still talking? Dating maybe?" I ignore her again.

"Come on! Give me something!"

"We were never talking. He was one of the doctors that ran my psychotherapy. That's it! Plus, he's an asshole" I snapped unavoidable. I was getting annoyed.

"Okay! Chill girl"

I sigh picking up my bag from the chair.

"I have to go see that he wants. See you in class"

***

"You got a C in my test" was the first thing he said to me. Okay and?

"A C is above 60, what seems to be the problem?" I was failing at hiding the irritation in my voice. His eyebrows shot up at my tone.