39

''What do you mean he left? I know Mubasshir, he wont just leave when i'm sick in the hospital''

The brothers exchanged glances before Fahad spoke.

''Yas, I know you think he cares for you but knowing him has done you more harm than good''

''Thats not true! and to be honest, not fair eiither. I dont think he cares for me. i know for a fact that he does''

'listen Yasmeen-''

"No Fahad you're the one who needs to listen, I'm not sixteen anymore. He is not the enemy, he is not the one that hurt me or kidnapped me and you"

"but he is related to that guy!"

"We don't get to choose who our family is. Saddam you should know that because you know he has done more for me than any of our uncles were willing to do."

Yasmeen's phone chimed with a message, cutting her rampling short. She yelped with joy startling her brothers.

"What happened?" they asked in unison.

"We have a turbaning ceremony to attend"

***
Mubasshir was smack in the middle of tons of people, Yasmeen couldn't get to him. She wanted to say thank you and be on her way. The palace still made her ridiculously uneasy.

Yasmeen turned to leave. "I'll come back tomorrow" she said to herself although she doubted it. Mubasshir had become the emir. He had no time for little people like her anymore, figuratively speaking.

"aunty golden eyes!" Yasmeen's eyebrows shot up. she turned around to find the guard staring at her excitedly. She laughed and greeted him. he hadn't changed all that much. it made her wonder how all the girls that enduured Sani's abuse together with her were doing. she wanted to let them know that Sani had gotten his well deserved punishment.

"Zaki na neman ki'' the man said and Yasmeen was perplexed for a second before she realised who zaki was. 'He saw me how??' She thought and she simply couldn't wait to tease him with that name.

"you came!'' Mubasshir said with a wide smile. She smiled back.

"its the very least I could do after everything you have done for me. No one deserves this throne more than you, i am proud of you and i am grateful for everything you've done for me and my brothers. I can never repay you, you know that" She rambled as tears collected in her eyes. She wiped them away with both her index fingers.

"You are saying thank you but why does it sound an awful lot like a goodbye?" Mubasshir said, unable to hide the glaring panic in his voice. Over the past few years, this woman had occupied a huge chunk of his life and he had no idea what will fill that void if she left. If anything can fill the void...

"I am moving to Kaduna with my brothers. I want to get a job and start my life now that I have nothing to constantly fear thanks to you. Plus you will be super busy so there is no time for extra-''

Mubasshir was shaking his turbaned head vigorously. "to hell with that. you cant just up and leave after i told you i love you! marry me" he didn't even care how he sounded. He said it and he'll say it a thousand times over.

Yasmeen shook her head and let out a pained laugh. "You cant possibly marry me. i am a damaged-

"Dont. Dont do that. its better for you say you don't want to be with me but none of that "i am damaged" shit

"But its true"

"Like hell it is. And you know i dont care! It wasn't your fault that Sani did what he did''

"But the people will care and they will talk. I dont want to be the tainted maid turn queen. I don't want to be remembered like that. I want to go where no one knows me. where I can be normal again and hopefully get someone to marry me" she finished with a sad smile.

The fact that she was talking about marriage and not to him was adding a whole lot of salt to his already bleeding injury.

Mubasshir didn't know what to say or do. She was breaking his heart. This was no doubt one of the worst types of pain he has felt and he couldn't believe that Yasmeen, who couldn't harm a fly was the one causing him this pain.

"I'm so sorry Bashar." she whispered, her tears finally falling and walked away. He watched her walk away from him and his heart that he had bared to her. He watched her disappear into the sea of people. He watched her leave him.
What the hell just happened??

The End

A/N

HELLO MY LOVES!!!! OUR BOOK HAS ENDED. THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME TO THE VERY END. I LOVE YOU🥺! ALL THE Xs and all the Os,

-Sumaiya💕.

P.s I'm ill, if i get better, i might write a bonus chapter. Don't kill me😂