34

***

MUBASSHIR'S P.O.V
***

"He said he needed to keep his 'investments' close. So he brought guys here to move them a few days ago. I don't know to where I swear!"

one of the dingy police men sputtered through one of the giant sss men's choke hold. This is so illegal. If mama finds out I'm here ruffling police men she'll cry for a week wallahi! But who even knows if these morons are actual police men?

I felt instantly exhausted, mindlessly rubbing my temples till they were about to catch fire. I want to shout and punch something, or someone. I am tired of running around like a headless chicken. We are clearly getting no where with all of this. What ever I do, Sani is always two steps ahead. I wish he would just turn into pixie dust and float away.

"So where do you think he has taken them?" The truck like man asks me. His name is James.

"He said he wanted them close to him right? So that definitely means they are in the palace " I said.

"Then lets get out of this shit hole and go there!"

"It's not that easy. He is going to have them under his nose"

"Then lets break the nose and take them!"

James says and i looked at him. The poor guy, he's so stupid. I shook my head and left the prison halls, them following close behind.

"Where are they? Where are my brothers??" Yasmeen asks impatiently, looking behind me for her brothers.

My heart squeezed. Hesitantly, I spoke.

"They were not in there"

You could see her heart break through her eyes. Tears welled up and fell instantly. She covered her face with her hands, in an attempt to stop her sobs from coming out.

Fire seared through my chest. If I was tired of this whole ordeal then I can't imagine how she feels. After all she has been through from the beginning, from when she met Sani to this point. I instinctively pulled her into me, cradling her head like an infant. She cried into my one thousand dollar jacket and surprisingly, I didn't care. Sani is going to pay for every single drop of her tears. And that's a lot.

***

"You do not have any groceries?" Yasmeen asked.

"There's food in the fridge"

"We've been eating frozen takeout for days, I want fresh food"

"I don't even know where the market is in this place" i shrug. Yasmeen scowls at me.

"What?"

"We are going to the market"

"I'm not-" she cut me off with another scowl. Normally I'd curse whoever speaks to me like that but i was finding this entire situation hot? I am a sick man.

"Market in five minutes "

'Oh bloody hell' I mouthed.

Yasmeen dragged me through the slightly overcrowded market like a mother guiding her child. I felt like crying. I just wanted to be home in my bed, eating my frozen takeouts.

I was convinced they bought half the market by the time she was done; potatoes, rice, chicken, plantain, fish, everything!

"Ladies and gentlemen, I believe I'll be eating good tonight" I murmured to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing "

***

The woman amazed me. She had me, Mubasshir Mustapha; the entire prince of Rimi, professor of medical psychology blending pepper and onions. Up untill today, I didn't even know there was a blender in this house. Much less how it works.

"Aahhh fuck!!!" I yelled as fore stung my eyes. Yasmeen jumped.

"What happened?!!"

"It got in my eyes!! Fuck fuck fuck!!!"

"Stop cursing!"

"I'm about to lose my sight and my cursing is your problem?!"

"Don't be a baby, just wash it out with water" she giggled. I was trying hard to understand what was funny when i was unable to find the bloody sink. I just kept yelling.

She led me to the sink and i rinsed out his eyes.

"That's not better!"

"Then how are your eyes open?"

"It still burns" he whines.

"It'll stop. Sorry" she giggled again. Mubasshir was about to speak when Yasmeen's phone rang through the entire kitchen. They exchanged glances.

"My beautiful runaway wife" Sani's voice came as soon as she picked the call. He was on speaker so both their demeanours changed in seconds. Yasmeen iced in fear and Mubasshir became pissed.

"What do you want?"

"Oh nephew! I heard you were acting a fool today Mubasshir, running around the market with a woman like the nobody that you are"

Yasmeen could see the vein about to pop in Mubasshir's neck.

"What do you want?"

"How was you rescue mission? Productive i hope?" He laughs

"For the very last time, what do you want?!" Mubasshir yelled, finally snapping.

"WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME! I WANT THE GIRL BASHAR, THE GIRL!"

"Don't call me that!" Mubasshir gritted and his uncle laughs.

"And you'd first have to kill me before i let you put your grotesque vulture claws on her"

Sani laughed again.

"Little nephew, it is not you i have to kill"

"No please!!" Yasmeen cried.

"Oh yes! Unless you want me to mail your brothers to you organ by organ, I suggest you bring yourself to me once and for all. I forgive you for running away on our wedding day. You have seventy two hours " *beep*

Yasmeen collapsed onto the sofa with her face in her hands.

Mubasshir's mind was running alot of miles per hour. He didn't know if he should scream and punch something or comfort Yasmeen.

"I have to go back to him Mubasshir. He is not bluffi-"

"Excuse me?!"

"He is going to mutilate my brothers, i have to go back to him!" Yasmeen sobbed.

"Over my dead body!"

"Sani will do it i swear!"

"Yasmeen Sulayman Sultan. You will have to kill me before i will let you go back to that jungle animal!"

"I can't just sit here, what do you expect me to do!!"

"Not return yourself to a state of mind that I paid thousands to get you out of!!"

"Because you paid for my treatment doesn't mean you get to throw it in my face!"

"I am not throwing it in your face! I just-"

"This is none of you business. I have had it with you telling me what to do! You are not in charge of me. I am an adult!"

"If you think Sani will just release them willy nilly because you returned to him then you are dumber than I give you credit for"

Tears welled up in her eyes. He rolled his eyes.

"This is not a crying matter. Do you think your brothers will want you to turn yourself in for them?"

"Since they are not here we wouldn't know"

"You are not going. Period" she turned and started walking away.

"And Yasmeen, I am in charge of your protection so this is damn well my business "

A/N

HIIIII!!!
I AM A HORRIBLE PERSON I KNOW😂😂 I AM SORRY. I HAVE NO EXCUSE.

MANAGE THIS CRAPPY SHORT CHAPTER! VOTE AND COMMENT!
ALL THE Xs AND ALL THE Os💕