19

Fahad won't talk to me. I was beyond upset. This is the reason why I never wanted to tell them. Saddam has been treating me like an egg, checking up on me every ten minutes. I wasn't allowed to leave the house.

"I have a friend that can help us find this guy. He is-"

"No!" I said shutting Saddam down.

"You are not going to share my business with your friend " I said to him.

"I'm not telling him your business. He was a trusted member of the emir's court. I'm sure he knows the whereabouts of everyone that worked in the palace. If he doesn't, I'm sure he knows someone that does."

I relaxed a bit. Okay. Makes sense right?

"If you can get ready in ten, we'll go and see him today"

I nodded.

"What about Fahad?" He shrugged.

He has been mad at everyone. He just goes to work, comes back and locks himself in his room. I am sick of it. Being a Saturday, he was locked in his room so I stomped to him.

Knock knock knock

"Go away!"

I kept on knocking till he got fed up and opened the door.

"If I knew you were going to be so cruel to me I would never have told you. You are being a total jerk! You beat up my friend and wou won't even talk to me. I didn't choose this. I didn't want to be in this situation. You are being a very bad brother " I finished. My heart was heavy and tears were falling down my face. I was hurt.

I turned to leave because I couldn't stand him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I stopped.

"I'm just so angry. At myself because I came there. I came to see you when it was happening and I didn't know. I didn't stop it. I didn't take you away. I have failed to protect you like I promised baba" he said breaking into sobs. It shocked me. Never in my twenty years have I seen Fahad cry. He is the strong one, the angry one, the grouchy one but never the one to cry.

He cried like a baby, pouring out his anger. I hugged him as he cried, apologising every five seconds.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry you had to go through that. You don't deserve it, no one does. I'll make sure he rots in prison. I swear it. I swear it" he rambles. I soothed his back. If only it was that easy.

***

"We should go to the police first " Fahad suggests.

"And tell them what? Its been two years. "

"Report the case atleast "

"Who are you reporting, what evidence is there?" They were about to fight.

"You don't need to fight you guys" I was exhausted. I wanted out and there was no way out. If we go to Saddam's friend, how do I tell him? When everything finally comes out to light, Who will believe me? Same with the police. The police in Rimi is loyal to the turban. We could all get in trouble for even saying something like that. At this point, we need the influence of the prince.

"I t-think we should see Saddam's friend. If we get the location of the man then we have something to go to the police with" I looked at Fahad, he wasn't pleased but he nodded.

As we approached the house, a duplex in the upside of town, I became uneasy. Fahad noticed and held my hand.

"You'll be fine"

There were palace guards outside the house.

"You didn't tell me he is a royal"

If he is a royal, he is most likely related to Sani. So we have to abort this entire mission. But I didn't have what to tell Saddam.