32

***

YASMEEN

I slept like a milk drunk baby, for the first time since I returned to Nigeria. I fell asleep on a couch and woke up on the biggest bed I've ever seen. It was sunken into the ground with dark grey covers and a black duvet. The first thing thay came to my mind was "mosquitoes ".

The pillows smelled a lot like a certain royal ass and i had to stop myself before I snuggled deeper into the sheets.

I sat up on the bed and assessed the room. It had dark brown wood flooring, a rocky wall paper, dark blinds and dark grey walls. Dark academia.

The room gave off a "man-cave" kind of vibe. It looks like the ones I see on pinterest.

It was practically empty except for a table on one corner with a reading lamp and a lot of fat books, a punching bag on the west corner and a magnificent painting of a city night on the east wall.

"He is a man Yasmeen, he's not going to have a dressing table with mirror and cosmetics" i told myself. But who'd have ever guessed that he was artsy?

I got out of the bed and into the bathroom.

After checking the door three times to make sure it was locked, I took a quick shower and wore fresh clothes before coming out.

Curious, I walked straight to what should be the closet and peeked. It was massive, almost took up the entire wall. It had a lot of shelves and drawers and it also reeked of him. 

He had more clothes than both my brothers and me combined. From suits to kaftans to hoodies. Tons of hoodies.

His cologne collection caught my eye and I couldn't help myself. I took a 'bleu de chanel ' and bathed in it. Well not exactly, a few spritz here and there and here. I love the hint of ginger. I think I'll get myself this...

The digital clock read 9:15 am and my stomach was growling, which means its breakfast time. I bounced down the stairs excitedly like a child.

The house was quiet, empty. There was no one and nothing in the kitchen. No Mubasshir flipping chocolate pancakes without a shirt.

My absurd thought surprised and amused me at the same time. I laughed at myself. I think I've read too much Nora Roberts.

Realising this is the first time I've laughed in a while, I laughed a little louder.

"I see you are in a hearty mood" A voice booms from behind me. My soul almost left my body, and I momentarily imagined Sani coming here to get me with Mubasshir no where to be found.

"You startled me!" I said holding my chest, trying to control my galloping heart. He looks like he jumped out of a Nike commercial. With a grey hooded sweatshirt, black basketball shorts, sweat on his brows and beats by dre headphones.

He took a bottle of water from the cupboard and began to chug. I swallowed hard and averted my gaze. Maybe its too much mills and boon.

"This is the part were you apologise " I say to him.

"For what?" He asks blandly. I frowned a little and he laughed, nearly quaking the entire kitchen.

"I'm sorry mom" he says and I rolled my eyes. I....missed him...

"I'm going to shower. I'll be back in twenty. I ordered food last night, microwave it and eat"

Typical Mubasshir. Ordering someone to eat. He turns and starts to leave then he speaks again.

"That's my favourite " huh?

"What?"

"The cologne you're wearing " he says and finally leaves.