13

"He's here! He's here! He's here!!" Fatumi shrieks barging into my room.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked her, irritated. Its a saturday and no one has the right to interrupt my sleep so rudely.

"He's here again, the hunk professor " I roll my eyes and turned away from her, cuddling more into my comforter. Why will he be here?

"I'm not kidding! Come out or I will invite him in here" she wouldn't dare.

"Why will you do that?" I whinned and she just shrugs. My heart begins to pick up speed. He's really here?

"Then come out to him" I balled my fists to stop them from visibly shaking and breathed out through my mouth. My roommate noticed my change in demeanor and asked.

"You good?"

"Yeah" No. I slide out of my bed and pulled my maxi dressing gown over my pajamas then walked out to the living room, Fatumi close behind. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a floral shirt, sitting on my sofa with his right ankle on his left knee and his arms spread out. Like this is his palace.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

He looks at me then blatantly ignores me.

"What do you want?" I ask again, an octave louder this time.

"You know, that's not way to talk to your teacher or anyone in fact. Show some respect" he says in a lazy tone, his eyes glued to the television, the remote in his hand. I refrain myself from saying anything that might sound rude. He's a price after all.

"Do get me some tea" He tells instead of asking Fatumi, smiling charmingly at the spellbound Somalian

"Sure " Fatumi says walking away, excitement dancing in her eyes. I stay staring at him, waiting for the answer to my question.

"I'm here on proxy " he says and smiles mockingly. I don't return the gesture.

"Since apparently for some weird reason I'm your biggest trigger, you need me if you want you CBT to be a success " my heart does a flip. So I'll be seeing him every week? For the next twelve weeks?! My breath begins to shorten but i manage to control it. Fatumi returns with an entire tea set.

"Have tea with me" he said to her and i can see that she wanted to jump for joy. Again, ordering not asking. Typical. I turned around and walk back into my room. Not before hearing him say something about our living room being small.

*

"Good morning Yasmeen, how are you feeling today?" Doctor Mike asks me.

"I've been better. The nightmares are back" I said to him with a shaky voice. I've been having reoccurring nightmares which involved me getting tortured over and over again. They stopped once i started therapy but now they're back again. My stomach clenched in fear. What if we're not progressing? And soon, I'll be back the way i started; a miserable girl that sees every man as her abuser.

"Calm down, calm down. It happens. Have you been taking your medicines?" I nodded.

"Good. Then they'll go away with time. Everything will take time. We have to be patient. Did your professor tell you he'll be helping us with our sessions?" I nodded again.

"Can I invite him in now?" I asked. I braced myself up and nodded for the last time.

He made a call and within the next minute, the prince walks into the room. His aura dripping arrogance. He smiles at me tenderly and again, i refuse to return the gesture. He makes himself comfortable on the sofa on my right and observes me quietly.