24

"I want you to go and bring her to me. By hook or by crook. Take out the younger brother if he resists. Leave the older one, i'm sure we'll need leverage"

"What of the prince?"

"HE IS NO LONGER THE PRINCE! He is just and nagging little insect that I will soon swat!" Sani thunders, banging his fists on the arm of his chair.

"I apologise your eminence. The girl will be here by night fall" the shady man says and leaves.

"You're coming back to me Yasmeen" Sani muttered to himself and smiles.

***

"Where is she?!" The shady man asks, violently craning Fahad's neck at an awkward angle.

"She's Gone! Went back to England a week ago" he says, blood from his busted lip tainting his teeth.

"Shut up!" Saddam sneers at his brother's willingness to spew information that could endanger their sister. The second man punches Saddam square in the face, sending a sickening crack echoing through the living room. Saddam fell, heartbeats away from passing out.

"We'll be back" One of the men, the one resembling a brick wall says. At Saddam's 6'1, he looked like a joke standing next to him. They left the house, disappearing into the night just as they had appeared.

"We have to leave this town " Saddam groans.

****

MUBASSHIR'S P.O.V

I had finished loading the last of my stuff into the car. I kissed mama's cheek and got into the car. Backing out of the driveway, my centre mirror caught a police vehicle driving into the compound. My eyebrows crunched up in confusion. What are they doing here? How did they find this place to begin with?

I stopped the car and got out. Two strange police men walked up to me with grim faces and feigned confidence.

"Are you Mr Mubasshir Mustapha?" I rolled my eyes. Who doesn't know who I am in this town? Matter of fact, in this state.

"Yes I am. Why did you barge into my house? As you can see, I was on my way out."

They looked at each other before the pudgy one of the two spoke. The inspector.

"You are under arrest for the rape of miss Yasmeen Sulayman and many others. Please remain silent for anything...."

The policeman's voice was quickly replaced by the beating of my own heart. What?!! What did he say?

I could not fathom what was going on. The icy touch of the hand cuffs against my wrists confirmed that this as a matter of fact was not a dream. My blurry vision caught my mum rushing out of the house towards us. She was speaking but I couldn't hear her. My heart was in a frenzy and my blood roaring in my ears.

A small crowd had formed outside our gates. Locals watched me get taken out of my house in a black maria like a lowly criminal. Despair lodged it self in my throat.

A black S.U.V with the palace number plates was parked at the far end of the fence, seemingly monitoring what was happening. Sani.

****

I wasn't taken to the station for questioning or even rousting. We just drove for almost an hour, straight to a tall and ancient prison building in the back of a town that was west of Rimi. I didn't even know this town existed!

They threw me into a dark mucky prison cell with a leaking roof and dried blood on the walls. My breakfast instantly came back to my mouth. This all seems like a bad dream. Maybe it is a dream. Maybe I'm sleeping in the plane, on my way to manchester.