8

Sani was coming. With his whip and his sinister smile. He was coming to get me so I screamed and bolted up. In a bed, in a pale room.

Where is this? The face of the slightly aged nurse juggles my memory. She looks worried.

"Are you alright sweetness?" She asks. It takes me about ten seconds to nod my head "yes" My breathing begins to level as I remember that I'm on the other side of the world, far far away from Sani

"I don't think you are love, maybe you should see a doctor?" She presses and I just smile at her.

"I'm fine. Thank you " she smiles at me sweetly.

"Alright then. You can leave whenever you're ready and, do see a doctor " she insists and turns to leave the not so little white room. Shortly after, the door opens again the guy from earlier walks in cautiously, with a smile. I smile back, feeling less...apprehensive.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"How're you feeling?"

"Better" I reply with a smile.

"Sorry I flipped " I said with a chuckle although nothing was funny.

"Its no biggie. Want to tell me what what got you like that?" He asks. How intrusive.

"I don't know you " I say, not meaning to sound flat but sounding flat.

"Jafaa" He said extending his hand.

"Could you spell that?" I said with mirth in my voice . His brows crunched up.

"J-a-f-a-r" he spells. So Jafaru then? I smiled at my own joke making him look at me like I'm crazy.

"I'm Yasmeen "

"Yeah, from Nigeria I heard. Its why I wanted to talk to you. My dad was from Nigeria " he gushed out like and excited toddler. I smiled at him.

"Nice to know" he grins.

"Coffee?" He asked. I smiled and helped myself down the weirdly comfy hospital bed.

***

"A large blonde vanilla latte, two cinnamon muffins and one confetti sugar cookie " I ordered making Jafar's eyebrows shoot up. Yes I have a sweet tooth.

"Same" he says when the waiter looked to him.

Half way through our meal, I hear a startling shriek .

"Baby!!" A size 2 white girl with dirty blonde hair says walking towards us. I know she's not talking to me so I ignore her and continued with my food. She came to our table and plopped down on Jafar's lap and they kissed. I cringed.

" Yazzmeen, this is my girlfriend Jemma" he says my name with a 'z' instead of an 's'. Yazzmeen.

"Jemma, my friend Yazzmeen from Nigeria " she shrieks again making me groan silently. What is with this girl?

"Oh my God I love Nigerians. Please tell me you brought your pet zebra with you " she says excitedly. My eyebrows rose. Is she serious right now? I gave her a once over. Sis was about to start bouncing on her heels. She's dead serious.

"I don't have a pet zebra. No one does actually " I said, a tad bit annoyed at her stupidity.

"What do you have then? A giraffe? " She asks again. Sabr ya nafsi (patience) I muttered to myself.

"Jafar tell her" I say, not liking how her dumb question are interrupting my eating.

"I don't know, never been to Nigeria " he shrugs nonchalantly. I wanted to face palm so bad but I don't.