38

It been a year and i still can't believe Yasmeen died. The bullet pierced her liver and she bled out before we could get to a hospital. The pain and grief is still raw in my chest. I never cried so much over anything, she didn't deserve this, she deserved to be happy.

I'm just playing, with your feelings muahahaha. Read on for the real chapter. Love you too

****

MUBASSHIR

My heart was going a million miles per hour. He shot her! That vermin shot her!

"GET ME OUT OF THESE FUCKING CUFFS!!!"

***

With shaky hands Hammad took off the cuffs. Mubasshir scooped Yasmeen up. She was growing colder by the second.

"Open your eyes please for God sake Yasmeen! " Mubasshir frantically tapped her cheek.

"What is going on here?!!!" A police man said as he came in running. He took in the sight of the two bodies on the floor and was speechless.

"Bash we need to get her to a hospital now!"

The car breezed past other cars on the highway like a bat from hell. In seven minutes, they were at the hospital emergency room. Mubasshir dropped Yasmeen's seemingly lifeless body on the stretcher that was wheeled in. There was blood all over him and although he's always been squeamish, he didn't care today.

"Fix her, please " he said mindlessly, his vision blurred by his own tears. Hammad patted his back continuously.

"I understand how you feel brother, she will be fine"

"What if she dies?"

"Don't. Don't say that"

*******

"Why is it taking so long?" Mubasshir asked his friend.

"Its a surgery Bashar, it will take atleast an hour. All you can do now is pray" Hammad consoled.
Mubasshir wanted to run mad, he absolutely hated waiting.

After almost two hours, the doctor came out with a wide smile and shook Mubasshir's hand.

"Your wife is doing fine" he told Mubasshir who sagged with relief. He felt the weight of the world drop off his shoulder.

"She's not his-" Mubasshir glared daggers at Hammad before he could finish his sentence. Hammad chuckled and raised his hands in mock surrender.

"Can i see her?"

"You can but she is heavily sedated and sleeping "

"Thank you so much doctor "

"Just doing my job"

'God she was beautiful' Mubasshir thought. He just wanted to sling her over his shoulder and elope to the Caribbean.

Mubasshir was sitting on the chair by her bed, staring out the window. Thinking of everything that had happened in the past twelve hours. A knock came on the door before Hammad's head poked through the opening.

"Hey, Yasmeen brought your phone and it wouldn't stop ringing "

He retrieved the phone and picked the call.

"Who is it?" Hammad asked after the call.

"Sani is alive"

When the SSS officials heard the gunshot of when Sani shot Yasmeen, they appeared in seconds and shot the man with the gun square in the back. Mubasshir was too occupied to even remember that his uncle was also shot at the time.