6

Yasmeen's P.O.V

Mama was slipping through the crack of our hands day by day. Her eyes have dimmed and she has lost a lot of weight. She looks like there's no life left in her. And she keeps talking about "when I die..." To say my heart breaks all the time is an understatement. Since I got back, I've been by her hospital bed.

"How much left?" I ask Fahad.

"10 thousand " dollars. That is still a lot of money with not enough time. Tears begin to blur my vision. Fahad walks up to the chair and hugs me. "She'll be fine"

"Don't cry Yasmeen. When I die, you get to go to the best university and actualize your dreams in sha Allah. " she said shakily, smiling. I burst out crying. This was too much. So I ran out of the room, bumping into Saddam on my way out.

"I got the rest of the money! I got the rest of it!" He says. He was ecstatic. I didn't know when I began to laugh. I hugged my brother and we headed back to mama's room. Saddam began ranting about how his friends from office came up with the money. How one of them gave a large chunk of the money. He took out his phone to call the doctors.

"Saddam " mama called, causing us all to freeze.

"Come to me, all of you " we rallied around her bed and she held my hand.

"Baby na(my baby) I missed you" I was full on crying.

"I missed you too mama"

"Atleast now you don't have to go anywhere or work for anyone. You will stay with your brothers and take care of them and they will protect you" why is she talking like that?

"Why are you saying all these? Dan Allah mama ki dena (please stop in the name of God)" Fahad said, voicing my thoughts.

"Allah yayi muku Albarka. I love you guys very very much " mama says, a tear slipping from her right eye.

"Now hug me" she ordered. We all hugged her for a long time. She started whispering something I couldn't here. I was about to ask when I hear '...salallahu alihi wa sallam' I abruptly looked at her face and it was blank, lifeless. Her eyes open. My heart sunk to my stomach and broke into splinters. Everything stopped for a second before Fahad started to throw things around and shouting. Saddam had his face in his palms as his shoulders shook. I highed mama again. Maybe if I hold on longer, she'll come back to me. Maybe, hopefully. Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirrajiun (From Allah we are and to him we shall return).

It's been three days, and I still can't fathom the idea of being a complete orphan. I sat by Mama's bed. Praying, crying. Saddam and Fahad were busy with visitors in the living room. Friends and family, offering condolences. Life felt meaningless. May Allah grant my parents Jannah. Ameen.

Sirens were blaring from afar. Probably passing by. But then they were getting louder fast. I peeked out the window to see our gates being flown open by a man wearing red and green. Colours of the palace guards. My heart drops. Sani followed me. My throat closed up. I was not about to have a panic attack here because then, people will ask why I'm so scared. So I ran to the back of the house to calm my heart. I prayed.

I could hear ruckus from the front yard. I know Fahad and his temper. He'll beat up Sani and get in trouble. Even Saddam can get hot headed. So I headed back out, to arrest the situation.

I got to the place and instead of Sani, I see that dumb prince. Saddam was staring daggers at him while being scolded by our uncles and others. He probably tried to swing at him. Other people around were kissing his ass because "the prince" and he sat there, eating it all up, feeding his planetary sized ego. All the people were asking 'why he was here' instead of praying for my mother. My rage went from 0 to 1million in seconds.

I stomped up to him and before anyone could react, I started with him.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING? WE ARE MOURNING FOR ALLAH'S SAKE. YOU COME IN HERE WITH YOUR MANY CARS AND GUARDS, ASKING FOR ATTENTION. WELL I'M SORRY TO BE THE ONE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOUR ARROGANT SELF!! SO PLEASE LEAVE. THIS IS NOT YOUR PALACE AND YOU ARE MOST DEFINITELY NOT WELCOME HERE!"

I was breathing hard and tears were pouring down my face by the time I finished. I hate him, I hate royals. He was shocked, matter of fact, everyone was shocked and the place was pin drop silent. I never snap like that but he, needed that dressing down.

"Ke yarinya yar-" one of the guards started but was cut short by a wave of "his" hand. He looked like he felt bad but I don't really care to be honest.

"You heard the girl" Saddam said to the prince. And just like that, he turned and got into his shiny black car with number plate "Rimi 03". Without sirens, all the cars left the compound. People also started to leave. They were afraid of the consequences of my "disrespect " to the prince and they didn't want to be witnesses. I wasn't afraid. What I said is the truth.

"Little miss, you just got us banned from Rimi" Saddam says with a distressed face but he wasn't mad one bit. I went back into the house to continue praying for my dead mother.

***

"So, we have a huge amount of money. Although we are paying back part of it, we won't be paying back now. We'll pay gradually from our subsequent pays" Saddam says. We were in the sitting room. Each one of us on a single sofa. I was sat on mama's favourite. He continued

"First things first, Yas and school" he says looking up at me. He calls me Yas sometimes. Most times.

"I signed up for a scholarship for you and you got accepted! No tuition!" I screamed and hugged him. I finally get to go to school.

"Where?" Fahad and I ask

"University of Manchester baby" I didn't even know how to react. I was so happy. I hugged both my brothers and thanked them.

"We'll begin working your student's Visa immediately. I wish you all the best sis" Fahad said with a smile. This is the first time he showed emotion in a while.

"Thank you"

A/N

HEY GUYS! SHORT CHAPTER. VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE ❤