16

Finals were over! I have been longing for the holidays since the session started. I spoke to Sadam about coming home and he said "he'll see what he can do". I was home alone, watching everything and anything on Netflix, stuffing my face with butter pecan ice cream.

Fatumi left yesterday to visit an uncle in London. From there, she's catching her flight home. Jafaa leaves tomorrow and I was dreading it. What will I be doing all alone?

Unknown: Our flight leaves 3pm on Tuesday.

For a split second, i forgot who "unknown " is. What is he talking about?

Yasmeen: Excuse me? What flight? To where?

Unknown: if you read your messages, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Yasmeen: i don't understand.

Unknown: me, you, plane, Nigeria, on Tuesday.

I frowned at the way he said it, like he was talking to a simpleton. Rude.

Yasmeen: you bought me a ticket back to Nigeria?

Unknown: Obviously brainiac.

Yasmeen: why?

Unknown: You don't want to go? I can cancel it.

Ofcourse I want to go. He is ruining the nice thing he did for me by being rude. But why will he pay for my ticket? I'm sure its a lot of money. I avoid prodding so i won't provoke him. I ignore his attitude and thank him. He didn't reply.

***

I sat up on my bed before looking at the digital clock on my bedside table. 5:00, the neon lights read. It isn't fajr time until 5:30 so i have thirty minutes to myself. I'm going back home. I get to see my brothers! Dear lord I've missed them so much.

Then there's the abuser. Dr Mike told me not to call him my abuser. He's not mine, he's just an abuser.

I don't know if I will be able to confront him. What if he actually goes through with his threat, and kills one of my brothers or both. What if he harms me or the prince? Maybe I should just let the whole thing go, move on. A thin sheet of fear covered me but i hastily shook it off, remembering that he can't hurt me anymore.

******

MUBASSHIR'S P.O.V.

After successfully pissing the hell out of Yasmeen, she faced away from me. I roll my eyes. Why does everything i do or say piss her off?

"Sleepy?" The guy on the aisle seat asks her. She's in the middle and I got the window seat. She smiles at him. Seems like she smiles at everyone in a heartbeat but me, I have to find world peace before I get a miserable little smile.

"Feel free to use me as a human pillow" he adds, smiling like a moron. This guy is unbelievable. Is that supposed to be a pick up line? Disgusting.

"I'll keep that in mind" she says like I'm not here. Unbelievable!

I returned my focus to my magazine and scoffed. To hell with them.

About an hour later she was actually sleeping , on his bloody shoulder! Un fucking believable. He was sleeping too. What kind of man sleeps one hour into a flight? I felt a pang of jealousy. I'm not even going to lie about it. Although i don't know why i felt it, but i felt it nonetheless.

Instinctively, I scooped her head from his shoulder and lay it on mine. What the hell am i doing?

"Welcome to Charles de gulle airport Paris. The weather is a cool 20°C. Please remain seated....