Chapter 8

A few months later...

Selina is 9 months pregnant. People say that pregnancy goes fast but for her it goes slow as all she want is for her baby to be in her arms. Today was her birthday and there was a small party of just Lee, Jim, Barbara, Barbara Lee and Alfred. A bit of a celebration before the baby arrives.

Selina walks out in a long dress. Today it was hot in Gotham for some odd reason and being 9 months pregnant made it unpleasant. She walks in and sees everyone standing there. She smiles.
"Here comes the birthday girl" Barbara says. Selina chuckles. She sits down on the couch.
"Pregnancy giving you a hard time Miss Kyle" Alfred asks.
"Yeah. But they will be here soon" she says.
"Well I think it is time for presents" Barbara says. She goes grabs a box and comes back and gives it to Selina.
Selina opens it and sees that they are some new clothes for after the baby is born. And some baby clothes.
"Thank you Babs" Selina says as she opens them.
"Ok I think it is time for me and lees present" Jim says as he hands her a thin present.
Selina opens it and sees that it is documents. She looks through them and sees that they are adoption papers.
"I'm confused" she asks.
"Well for the past few months me and Lee have been talking about adoption you and we finally got them finalised" he says. Selina smiles before hugging them.
"Thank you" she says. She feels a sharp pain go down her body.
"You Ok is it the baby" Lee asks.
"No there just braxtion hicks" she says.
"Why don't you go lie down" Lee says. Selina nods and they walk off to the bedroom.

Lee lies her down on the bed and Selina relaxes. "Better" she asks. Selina nods.
" I'm going to get some water for you" she says. Selina nods.
Lee walks out of the room. Selina looks as Alfred comes into the room with a letter in his hand.
"Alfred what is that" she asks.
"I got this in the mail this morning. It's from Bruce" he says. He hands it to her and she opens it slowly.

Dear Selina,
                        Words can not describe how painful it is for me to be gone from you for so long. But this is for the best. I am carrying on my training. Some day I will be with you but until then you have to be strong. Strong like you always are. Be as strong as you where when we first met. When I first fell in love with you.
Selina when I return I promise you that if you are still waiting for me that me and you will start our life together. Me and you away from Gotham. But until then keep being the girl that I love. My girl.
I love you
Bruce.

Selina has tears going down her face when she feels a sharp pain going down her body and then a gush.
"Miss Kyle" Alfred asks.
"Alfred my water just broke" she says.