Chapter 9

Alfred walks into the hospital with Selina in the wheelchair. She was holding her stomach while breathing in and out.
"Selina breathe" Barbara says as she walks next to them. Lee and Jim had run on to tell the reception. Selina groans as another contraction happens.
"Ok that is 3 minutes since the last" Barbara says as she counts them on her phone.

A nurse walks up to them with Lee and Jim.
"Ok If you come with me" she says. Alfred pushes Selina after the nurse. They enter a room that had everything.
"Ok Selina we need you to change into this gown for us and then you can get comfortable on the bed" the nurse says. Selina nods before taking the gown and putting it on in the bathroom. She walks out and the nurse helps her into the bed. The nurse connects her up to the machine that tracks her contractions.
"Ok your contractions are about 3 minutes apart so your just going to have to wait a while and then we will check you" the nurse says. Selina nods her head at the nurse and the nurse smiles before walking out.

Hours later Selina is holding onto Lee and Alfred hands as she pushes. She pushes for a few minute when she feels a relief. She puts her head back and sighs. She hears a cry and she hears Lee and Alfred laugh and give her a slight hug. She sees the nurse put baby on her chest.
"It's a girl" she says. Selina starts to cry as she holds onto her daughter. She kisses her daughters head as she strokes her back.
"Well done Miss Kyle" he says. Selina smiles at him and Lee.

After a few hours and all the test are done. Selina lies in bed with her daughter on her chest. Selina strokes her daughters small hand with her thumb. The door opens and she sees Jim and Barbara walk in. Barbara was carrying Barbara Lee. They both smile at Selina seeing the small baby on her chest. Jim walks over and looks at the baby.
"She is beautiful" he says. Selina smiles.
"Do you want to hold her" she asks. Jim nods and Selina hands her daughter off to him. He smiles at the baby. The baby opens its eyes and they are blue.
"She's gots Bruce's eyes" he says. Selina gives a small smile.
Barbara walks up and looks at her.
"Now Barbara Lee has a friend" she says. Selina smiles. Alfred and Lee walk in with some cups of coffee in their hands.
"I see you've met the little minx" Alfred says.
"She's beautiful" Barbara says. Jim hands back the baby to Selina.
"So have you had any ideas on names" Lee asks. Selina looks at her daughter.
"I was going to name her Helena but... I was thinking Esme" she says as she looks at Alfred.
"Esme Martha Kyle" she says. Alfred smiles before giving her a small hug.

Esme was Alfred fiancé who was murdered years ago. Alfred had told Selina about Esme. The man was opening up to her about how he understands what it feels like to loose someone. Obviously it was way worse as she was murdered but the pain was the same as what Selina was feeling. Selina wanted to do something for Alfred as the man was like a father figure to her. Along with Jim.

"It's a beautiful name" Jim says. She smiles.
"Ok we better give you some rest. We'll be back later" Lee says. Selina nods and gives them all a hug. Alfred hugs her.
"Thank you" he says.
"She seemed like a amazing woman Alfred and I want my daughter to grow up like her" she says. Alfred hugs her tighter. He pulls away and smiles. He walks out with the others. Selina holds Esme and gives her a small kiss on the head before falling asleep.
————————————————
Ok sorry that we skipped a bunch of Selinas pregnancy but I wanted to get onto the next few chapters as it tells us what is going on in selinas life. The chapters are just going to be main events that are going to happen through out the years before Bruce comes back as I know everyone want Bruce and Selina moments. So there aren't going to be a lot more chapters before he returns but stay tuned.
I chose to call the baby Esme instead of Helena as I felt like calling the baby Esme showed that Selina and Alfred have a good father daughter relationship as that the name had more of a meaning.
Watch Pennyworth on Epix to find out more about Alfred before batman and find out more about Esme.