Chapter 21

A few weeks later...

Esme walks in the halls of her school looking for Barbara Lee. She turns the corner and sees her.
"Barb" Esme says as she runs over to her. Barb turns her head and sees her.
"Hey Es. What's up" she asks.
"I need to ask you something".
"Shoot" she says.
"Has your mom said anything about my mom the past few weeks" she asks.
"Not really. She really focused on the opening of her business the past few weeks" Barb says.
"Why do you ask" Barb asks.
"Because i have noticed that my mom is acting weird that past few weeks. She has been going out to more 'business meeting' lately then ever. She has been acting younger. Like a teenager" she says.
"What if it's about your dad or she has a boyfriend" Barb suggests.
"If my mom had a boyfriend she would tell me. And my dad left us before I was born I don't think he is going to walk back into my life after so long. I don't even know who he is" she says.
"Well ask your mom she will know. Obviously" Barb says. Esme nods.

Later that night Esme sits in bed as Selina ticks her in.
"There you do kitten. Do you want some more milk" Selina asks. Esme shakes her head.
"Ok I will see you in the morning" she says as she walks towards the door.
"Mom" Esme says. Selina turns and looks at her.
"Yes kitten" Selina asks.
"Who's my dad" she asks. Selina looks at her confused.
"Why do you want to know kitten" Selina asks.
"It's Just we never talk about him. And I want to know" Esme says. Selina sighs before sitting on Esme's bed.
"Your father is someone that I knew since I was about 13. He had been through something horrible and I was there to comfort him. We where friends for a while. He caught feeling and then after a while I did to. Then after he left I found out I was pregnant with you and I have raised you since" she says.
"But Why did he leave and why did you never tell him about me" Esme asks.
"Well he left because he felt like he needed to protect the people that he loved. And I never told him about you because I was never able to get in contact with him" she says. Esme nods.
"Well I'm tired so why don't you go to sleep and I'll see you in the morning" Selina says as she kisses Esme head and walks out of the room turning off the light. Esme puts her head on the pillow and sighs.

She needs to make a game plan.