Chapter 23

Esme sits in Barbs room as they where having a sleepover.
(It has been 2 weeks since Bruce and Selina got back together she still doesn't know).
"So your mom has told you that your dad left before you where born and that the reason why is because he wanted to protect her and the people he loves" Barb says. Esme nods her head.
"Well we need to find out who left Gotham within the 9 months that you where born" Barbs says.
"Ok how are we going to do that. A lot of people left after the fight with Bane" Esme says.
"Well did you mom say anything that might stick him out more then other people". Esme sits and thinks for a minutes.
" I found this room in Alfie's house a while back. He told me that someone that he used to look after lived there but he left. Maybe that could be something" she says. Barb nods.
"Ok we need to wait until my mom is asleep then we sneak out. Make the five minute walk to Alfred's house. Break in and look in the room" Barb says. Esme smirks and they high five.

After Barbara comes and checks on the girls. They wait for the door to her bedroom to close. As they hear it they wait a few minutes until they start to quietly get up. They walk over to the window and open it and walks down the fire escapes to the ground and walk to Alfred apartment.

Barb slowly opens the window and she walks in with Esme behind her.
"Where is the room" she asks Esme. Esme points her finger and they walk down the hall. Esme opens the door and they look around the room. Barb opens a drawer and pulls out on of the clothes.
"Wow really a turtle neck" she giggles.
"Will you be quiet" Esme whispers. Barb laughs. Esme walks over and sees a label.
"Bruce W" she reads.
"So you think this Bruce W could be your dad" Barb asks.
"I don't know let's go back to your place and see if we can find anything on him" she Says. Barb nods and they put the turtle neck back in. They walk down the hallway closing the door and back to the apartment.

The girls sneak back into the apartment. Barb closing the window.
"Ok lets look on the computer to see" Barb says as Esme follows. Barb opens google and writes in Bruce W. They are surprised when they see that Bruce Wayne comes up.
"Billionaire Bruce Wayne of Gotham" Barb says. She pulls up and news report.
"Look Es. The date on this. This was a few months before you where born" Barb points out.
"But how could Bruce Wayne and my mom have known each other. He's a billionaire and she was a street kid" Esme says. Barb keeps looking for a few minutes.
"Es you need to see this" she says. Esme walks over and looks at the photos.
"Bruce Wayne seen kissing girl at wedding of Captain James Gordon and Lee Tompkins" Barb reads. Esme looks at the photo.
"That's my mom" she says as she sees the girl.
"Your mom knew him and they clearly had something going on. Es this Bruce Wayne could be your dad" Barb says. Esme keeps looking at it taking it all in.