Chapter 16

Short chapter.
Selina sits on the couch eating some ice cream and watching tv. She starts to fall asleep when she sees a shadow on a roof. She stands up and looks out and sees a man in an all black outfit standing looking down at Gotham. Selina is confused. She blinks and then he is gone.
"Mom" she hears a voice say. She turns and sees her daughter.
"Hey kitten How was it at Barbara's" she asks.
"Fine" she says.
"Good" Selina says. Esme looks at the room.
"Why are you eating ice cream and watching sad romance movies" She asks.
"Umm... Just was thinking about Alfred's friend in England and it made me sad" she says.
"Why where you looking out of the window".
"Umm it just looked nice tonight wanted to take it in" she says. Esme nods.
"I'm going to go to bed" Esme says.
"Ok kitten I love you" Selina says.
"Love you to mom" she says as she walks off.
"Umm Esme... tomorrow I have to go to a reopening so I can't go to the shelter" Selina says. Esme looks down.
"It's ok mom I know that your busy" she says.
"Kitten I really am sorry but I promise I'll make it up to you" she says. Esme nods with a sad face.
"How about you sleep in my bed tonight like when you where little" Selina suggests. Esme smiles.

Selina lies in bed with Esme sleeping next to her. She turns her head and looks out of the window. She sees the same figure standing on the roof. He was staring up at her. She blinks and it is gone again. Just like before. She knows those eyes.