Chapter 10

Selina packs her bag. Today she was leaving the hospital and she was getting ready to leave. It had been 2 days since the birth of Esme and they where allowed to go home as they had Lee.
Esme starts to cry. Selina walks over to her and starts to rock her.
"It's ok kitten mommy's here" she says. Esme cries start to get quieter until she stops. Selina smiles at her daughter who stares up at her. It hurt Selina a little seeing her blue eyes as it reminds her of the man that she loves so much. That left her all those months ago. Leaving her to look after their daughter. She knows there is no way that she is going to be able to get in contact with him. No one knows where he is now. Not even Alfred. She might love him but she promises that she is going to look after Esme as good as she can. Even if it's without Bruce.

Lee walks in and sees Selina holding Esme. "Have you got everything" She asks. Selina turns to her.
"Yeah Everything is in the bag and I've signed the papers so the hospital says I can leave whenever" she says. Lee nods. Lee watches as Selina rocks her baby. She smiles. She knew Selina was going to be a good mother. She knew that she was going to cry sometimes over Bruce but she knew that she would put her daughter first.
"Ok well I will go start putting the bags in the car" she says. Selina nods as she hums to Esme. Lee smiles before getting the bags and walking out.

Lee opens the door for Selina as she holds Esme. They open the door and the smell of food hits them. They walk in and see Barbara, Jim and Alfred making food.
"Hey" Barbara says as she walks up and hugs Selina. She pulls back and strokes Esme's head.
"So hows the first two days been" she asks.
"Tiring but rewarding" she says. Barbara smiles.
"You'll do great" she says. Selina smiles. She walks into the kitchen.
"What are you making" she asks.
"Mac and cheese" Alfred says. Selina nods.
"Selina if it's alright we invited Harvey over he wanted to see Esme" Jim asks.
"That's fine the more the merrier" she says. Jim smiles and gives her a slight hug.

Half and hour later there is a knock at the door. Selina looks up from Esme who she is feeding a bottle to and sees Alfred open the door.
"Harvey come in" he says. Harvey walks in and he looks at everyone.
"Smells good in here" he says as Alfred closes the door.
"Hey Harv" Jim says as he gives his a hug. After they break the hug Harvey looks over at Selina and Esme.
"So this is Esme" he says as he looks at the baby. He walks over and looks at her.
"She's beautiful. Bruce is missing out on a lot" Harvey says. The room falls silent. Harvey looks around and his eyes land on the others. They all shake their heads. He looks over and Selina who's heads looking down at Esme.
"I'm sorry I didn't kn..." he starts.
"It's fine I'm just going to put Esme down for a nap" she says as she gets up off of the couch and walks to her room.

Selina looks out of the window as the rain pours down on Gotham. She's rocking Esme is her arms. There is a small knock on the door as it opens. She turns and see Lee.
"Hey" Lee says as she comes in and closes the door. She walks over to Selina and Esme.
"I'm sorry for what Harvey said we should have told him not to mention anything about Bruce" she says. Selina shakes her head.
"It's by his fault. It's no ones fault he didn't know. I just wish it didn't hurt. I just want to be able to look at my daughter eyes without wanting to cry. I just want to be able to look at him and to hold him like I used to" she sobs. Lee holds her. Esme starts to cry. Selina starts to rock her again.
"Hey... shhhh it's ok kitten" she says. Esme calms down and falls back to sleep. Selina starts to silently cry. Lee holds onto her.
"It's going to be ok. It'll get better. Eventually" she says. Selina nods.
"Thanks mom" Selina says. Lees eyes go wide and then she smiles.
"It's ok" she says.