Chapter 19

1 week later...
Selina sits in her office going through her emails. She was still finding it hard to get over the fact that Bruce was back. And it hurt her but she was more confused then ever. What was she meant to do. She didn't want Esme to get hurt but she knew that her daughter had a right to know about her father.

Selina hears her phone ring but ignores it trying to get her work done. The phone stops and then a message comes.
"Selina hi it's Bruce. I know you probably don't have time but if you can I want to meet for a coffee and talk to you. I have a lot to tell you. If you can make it meet me at the coffee street down the corner from Wayne enterprises. I'll be waiting" then it ends. Selina sits and thinks about it for a few minutes before getting up and grabbing her bag.

Selina walks into the coffee shop and sees Bruce sitting in the corner with 2 coffees. She sighs before walking over. Bruce turns his head up and sees her. Selina was shocked on how different he looked. Older, stronger built. He wasn't the same boy that she fell in love with.
"Selina" he says as he gets up and looks at her. He smiles.
"It's good to see you" he says. She nods. There is an awkward pause between them.
"Umm lets sit" he says as he points to her seat. She nods before sitting down on the chair. Bruce sits down and looks across to her.
"Look I know your probably mad at me. And I understand why. But you know why I left" he says.
"Yeah I know but you never asked me how I felt about it" she says. He sighs.
"Selina I had to become the man that you and everyone in Gotham needed. I'm That now" he says. She looks down.
"So what have you been up to" she asks.
"You know travelled the world. Trained. Now I'm focusing on Wayne enterprises" he says. She nods her head.
"And are you going to leave again" she asks still not sure that he was telling the truth on the rooftop.
"No. I'm staying right here. I have already messed up so many relationships between the people I care about and I'm not going to leave again doing the same" he says. She nods. Bruce takes her hands. She looks up at him. Into his eyes.
"Selina I came back for you. And I want to fix this. So please can we try and fix this" he asks. She looks at him for a few seconds before responding.
"Just don't hurt me again" she says. He smiles.
"I won't" he says. She smiles at him.
"Ok but I want to take this slow" she says.
"I understand. Why don't you come over to the manor and we have a catch up better than this" he says. She nods.
"Sure".
"How about tomorrow" he asks. She nods.
"Yeah that suits me fine" she says.
"Ok well I have to go back to work. So I will see you tomorrow" he asks. She nods.
"Ok. Thank you Selina. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't said yes. This is what I have been working towards" he says. She gives him a small smile.
"Ok well I will see you tomorrow" he says as he stands up and kisses her cheek. He walks off and leaves Selina smiling like a teenager with a crush.