Chapter 17

Selina puts her necklace on and looks at herself in the mirror. She runs her fingers down to her neck and plays with the pearls on her neck. She looks at them remembering Bruce. She sighs at the thought before taking them off as she thinks it would cause attention. She walks out of her bedroom and sees Esme sitting on the couch. Esme turns to her mom and smiles.
"Mom you look pretty" she says. Selina smiles before kissing her head.
"Thank you Kitten" she says.
"Who's reopening party are you going to again" Esme asks.
"Wayne Enterprises" Selina says quickly before walking away and grabbing her bag.
"Isn't that the company which the CEO left like a decade ago" Esme asks her mother. Selina nods.
"Did you know him" Esme asks. Selina freezes.
"Umm... we where acquaintance. I spoke to him a few times when we where just a little older than you. But we haven't spoke in years" she says. Esme nods her head.
"What he handsome" Esme asks.
"Ok remember what the saying is. Curiosity kills the cat" she says. Esme laughs.
"Ok we better get going. Got to drop you off at Barbara's the babysitter is there" Selina says. Esme nods and she takes her moms hand.
"Ok I'm going to see you tomorrow so have fun" she says. Esme smiles.

Selina walks down the street after dropping off Esme at Barbara's apartment. Her heels could be heard on the concrete path. She see a shadow go over in the sky. She looks up and sees the same man looking at her. She walks on to the opening.

Selina walks in and sees people looking at the new design of Gotham. Selina sees Alfred and walks up.
"So this is Bruce's new Gotham... I like the old one" she says. Alfred turns and looks at her.
"Selina... you came...you look beautiful" he says.
"Where is he" she asks.
"Well I guess travels abroad haven't improved master Bruce's respect for punctuality" he says. She chuckles.
"I came here to tell him to stop spying on me" she says. Alfred gives her a confused look.
"I was in my apartment last night and I saw someone watching me. The same tonight. I know it was Bruce" she says.
"Well then I assume you came here to tell him that you wanted nothing to do with him. Which would be wrong as you have a daughter together" he says.
"He left Alfred everything we went through and one day he is just gone. Leaving me on my own pregnant and having to raise our daughter alone. You know better then most people how hard it has been on me" she says. He sighs.
"Selina he left because he thought he was protecting you" he says.
"I know but that's doesn't mean he should have done it without talking to me" she says to him.
"I think you need to talk to him" Alfred says to her.
"Yeah well I will tell him about her but I don't want Esme getting hurt" she says with anger.
"I don't want her to either. But it's your decision" he says to her.
"He needs to stay away" she says. She walks off.