Chapter 12

3 months later...

Selina puts on her ring and the replica of Martha Wayne's pearl necklace. She was getting ready for the opening of her companies. After nearly a year it was finally time for the companies to open. The only problem was that tomorrow was the 1 year anniversary of Bruce leaving Gotham. And all Selina wanted to do was cry. But for some reason she was also filled with hate. Today though she was focused on the opening of Kyle Enterprises.
To make sure the press didn't find out about Esme. Lee was going to be taking her to work with her and keep her in the hospitals nursery while the opening was happening. as anyone who saw her could tell she was Bruce Wayne's child. The only difference was she has Selina's hair but besides that she looked like a female version of Bruce.

Selina walked out and saw lee holding Esme.
"Ok I'll be at the hospital if you need anything. I'll be watching on the tv" she says. Selina nods. Lee hugs her.
"I'm so proud of you" she says.
"Thanks mom" she says.
"Ok say goodbye to mommy" Lee coos to Esme. Selina leans forward and kisses her daughters head.
"I love you kitten" she says.
"Ok we better go. Good luck" lee says before walking out.

Selina stands in front of the crowd next to the mayor of Gotham. Alfred, Jim, Barbara and Harvey are all standing at the front watching her.
"Today we are here to open this company that will help every citizen of Gotham. To help the people who are less fortunate. And thanks to this woman we will achieve that. So I'd like to introduce the owner of Kyle Enterprises. Selina Kyle" he says. Selina walks up to the podium.
"Hello. A year ago I was brought in by a lovely couple and given a home. They eventually adopted me. They helped me change my ways. As I was once a street kid. I had to steal to survive as if I didn't I wouldn't have the life I have now. I was able to change my ways and decide to do something for the city. These companies are going to help the people and animals of Gotham. This is all from heartbreak as all my life I have been not wanted. People have left me. And I know that there are still children who feel that way everyday. I don't want them to go through what I did. I don't want them to feel unwanted and this company will make sure that no one feels unwanted. We will be able to take children off the streets meaning that the crime rate will go down as they won't have to steal to survive. These children will be able to get an education so that the next generation of citizens in Gotham will be able to make the city the best it has ever been. This company is to help the city. And I wouldn't be able to do that without my friends and family. So thank you" she says. As she finishes her speech. Everyone starts to applaud. Selina smiles and then walks over to the mayor who holds some scissors.
"Well said Miss Kyle. Now I am happy to announce. That Kyle enterprises is now open" he says as he and Selina cut the ribbon.