Chapter B14

It had been 10 years since Bruce Wayne had left Gotham. The city was different and everyone who he knew was different.
Selina Kyle who was once broken over him leaving is now a multi- millionaire. She lived in a pent house in Gotham. She owned the building. She had made a life for her and her daughter. Esme who was 9 years old was smart, sassy and strong. She played guitar and was at the top of her class. Selina was proud. Selina couldn't have done this without Lee and Jim. The ones who took her in. Adopted her and became the greatest grandparents to her daughter. Something Esme wouldn't of had if it wasn't for them. They where her parents.

Selina wakes up to someone shaking her. She looks up to see her daughter. "Hey" she says.
"Mom you need to get up it's 7" her daughter says. Selina looks at the clock. Selina sighs before getting up. She walks to the kitchen and gets breakfast started.
"Esme have you fed bow-bow" she asks as she flips a pancake.
"Yeah" her daughter says as she sits down at the table. Selina places a plate of pancakes on the table. She kisses Esme's head.
"Thanks mom" she says. Selina smiles. She sits down at the table next to her daughter.
"So Aunt Barbara will be picking you up today as I have a meeting" Selina says. Esme nods.
"And tomorrow I was thinking of us going down to the shelter and looking after the cats" she says. Esme smiles.
"Yeah I would like" Esme says. Selina smiles.
"Ok finish up here and get your uniform on Barbara will be here in 15 minutes" Selina says as she gets up and grabs her plate and walks to the sink. Esme nods.

Selina washes the plates as Esme gets dressed. The phone rings and Selina walks over and takes it.
"Hello" she says into the phone.
"Selina it's Alfred" she hears him says.
"Hey What are you doing calling at this time" she asks.
"I have some news. Big news" he says. She leans on the wall and sighs.
"He's back isn't he" she asks asks.
"Yeah he got here last night I would have called you sooner but you would have been asleep" he says.
"Yeah... So ummm... how is he" she asks.
"He's good. Different" he says. She sighs.
"Are you going to tell him about Esme" he asks. Selina sighs.
"I don't know. I need a few days to process that he is back. A lot has changed" she says.
"I understand Selina. Just remember it's his daughter to" he says. Selina laughs.
"Yeah a father who left me heartbroken and pregnant what kind of father is..." she says but she turns and sees Esme.
"Umm Alfred I have to go I'll call you back later" she says as she hangs up. She turns and looks at Esme.
"Why where you talking to Alfred. And who's father where you talking about" she asks.
"Umm Alfred has a friend back in England who was left by her boyfriend and she found out she was pregnant but the dad didn't want to be apart of their life. I was saying how it was ridiculous" she says. Esme reluctantly nods her head.
"Ok well do you had your guitar you have your lesson today" she asks.
"Yeah it's next to the door" she says. Selina nods. There is a knock at the door. Selina walks and opens it. She sees Barbara and Barbara Lee standing there.
"Hey cat" Barbara says.
"Hey" Selina says.
"Is Esme ready" she asks. Esme comes up and hugs Barbara Lee.
"Ok kitten I love you. I'll see you later" Selina says as she hands her, her guitar. Esme hugs her mom.
"Love you to" she says as she walks away with Barbara Lee. Barbara turns to Selina.
"What's wrong" Barbara asks.
"I'll tell you later meet me here later" she says. Barbara nods.
"Ok see you later" Barbara says as she walks off.
"Bring wine" Selina says. Barbara laughs.
"I thought cats like milk" she says.
"This cat likes wine" Selina says as she closes the door.