flashbacks

Continued from last chapter

20 minutes later

Emma's pov

I was woken from Grayson's breathing.

Me:"gray?" I said in a raspy voice

He started breathing super heavily.

I tried to wake him up but he wouldn't. He started to hyperventilate. So I tried to wake him by shaking him

Me:"Grayson!"

Me:"Alexa turn the lights on dim"

Alexa:"ok"

He woke up sobbing but I didn't know why. After he woke up he was definitely hyperventilating. Luckily my aunt was a spectacular surgeon and doctor even though almost my whole family are models. And I come from a long line of models.

I remembered the words my aunt said when my friend was having a panic attack at her house.

flashback

"Emma listen to me, whatever you do, do not leave her alone. Just try to calm them down. Breathe with them. Tell them to breathe in and out with you. And when they finish, hug them, make them feel safe and comfortable. Let them know that they can trust you."

End of flashback

Me:"what happened"

Gray:"they were trying to kill me" he said trying his best to breath in between his words.

Me:"who is"

Gray:"I don't know" he said still hyperventilating.

Me:"shh, no one is going to hurt you"

He was sobbing and losing his breath.

Me:"breath in with me and out with me"

I managed to calm him down and got him to breath with me.

He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back with just as much force. He dug his face in the crook of my neck and clung to my shirt like his life depended on it. I could feel the dampness on my shoulder. Probably from Grayson's tears. I start to pet his hair and that calmed him down.

Me:"are you ready to go to bed now"

He shook his head no

Me:"do you want me to turn on Netflix for you so you could sleep with sounds and a little bit of light on"

He nodded

I was still holding his hand and lead him to my bed.

Gray:"thank you" he whispered

Me:"oh course"

We both got into bed, I turned on my Netflix. Grayson was hugging me for his dear life. He was hugging me from behind since my back was facing him.

Next morning-

I woke up to Grayson hugging me. I needed to work out but he wouldn't let me go. I figured I could work out at night so stayed in bed until he wakes up. I just went on my phone and texted some people from my team. I was on my phone for another 20 minutes and I heard him move, but still hasn't woken up. I got the chance to leave his grip so I could make him a smoothie after he had a rough night. He didn't wake up while I blended the smoothie because I got a silent blender. After I finished making the smoothie I prepared in a bottle and put it in the fridge. I went back to bed and see him still sleeping. I could feel his forehead on my back but I heard him yawn and knew that he was waking up.