three.

A s h t o n

Calum's been my best friend since we were kids. I always struggled in math, so when I was in 4th grade, my mom asked our next-door neighbor's daughter, Mali-Koa to tutor me .I got out of school before the middle school, so the first time I went over, I met her little brother, Calum, and I knew he was going to be my friend when he opened his mouth.

"I like your Spiderman shirt."

And even though, we went through a few obstacles, we remained friends. After that year, we moved to the other side of town, we went to different schools, and it didn't help I was a grade above him. But we're still best friends, and I am so thankful for that.

But sometimes, I wish we were something more.

All throughout school, up until Junior Year, I never dated.

Weird, right?

I mean, it's not like I didn't find them attractive. I could tell when girls were pretty, or "my type".

But I never wanted to be a boyfriend.

That was until I found myself laughing too much at his jokes, or making eye contact a little too long. Or finding myself looking at his lips, and wondering how they would feel against mine.

I was attracted to my best friend. My best friend who was a boy.

So I hid it. For 2 years.

But everything must come out.