six.

C a l u m

"What time is Ashton coming in?" Makayla asked, sorting through her closet.

"I don't know," I mumbled from her bed, rolling my eyes.

"Well, then what time did he leave?" She sighed, taking a couple of things from her closet.

"I don't know, Kayla."

"Ok, dress or romper?" She asked, holding up the two different outfit choices.

"I. Don't. Know." Ok, I'll admit it, I was getting aggravated now. Ashton was visiting from college this weekend, and Makayla was more than slightly freaking out.

"Well, what's his favorite color?" She pouted, turning toward me.

"I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?" I cracked, throwing my phone on the bed.

"You're his best friend! How could you not know his favorite color?"

"Makayla." I sighed, laying down fully on her bed. "He'll call me when he lands, and we'll pick him up. He texted me at like noon that he boarded. And, Kayla, just put something on. You look beautiful either way, ok?" I gently grabbed her hand and pulled her down to lay next to me.

"Well, thank you, Cal." She smiled, and I matched it because her smile was contagious. "But this is Ashton."

I rolled my eyes and sat up in her bed again. "Yeah, Kayla, it's just Ashton. We all grew up together."

"No." She said, standing up and beginning to pace. "Correction. You grew up together. I just showed up in 7th grade, in the middle of my awkward phase."

"Please stop." I also stood up, grabbing her shoulders, stopping her from pacing.

"Cal, you know how I feel about him."

"Yeah." I nodded, trying not to show my heart ripping in two in my face. "Yeah, I do."

"Then, what's the deal?" She took a step closer, with her no-nonsense look. I swallowed thickly, as I prepared myself to tell her. Is this it? Am I gonna tell her?

I sighed, looking away, and walking to her closet. "Red."

"What?" She turned to look at me rummaging through her closet.

"Ashton. His favorite color is red. Wear this." I faked a smile, handing her a red and white patterned romper. "Also, wear this necklace. He'll hug you right away. He's such a sap."

"Thank you, Calum."

-

I'm not sure when I started liking Makayla. I think it was when I met her in 7th grade. But I didn't realize it until last year. I had been on the football team since Freshman Year, and Kayla was my biggest fan. Junior Year, Coach named me captain, and I was beyond excited, and as always, Kayla was at every practice. There was a reason behind this. I was pretty smart, but Makayla was on entirely another level. She was in every AP and DE class available, so we didn't get to hang out much in school. Like the amazing friend she was, she came to every practice, meeting, game, everything so we could hang out after.

Makayla was also good friends with my other best friend, Ashton, and the thing about Kayla is that she gets attached very easily, and she does it fast. So ever since, she realized he was going off to college soon, she had been spending a lot of time with him.

A lot.

Which, of course, made me happy. My two best friends spending time together? It's great!

Until one day.

I was at practice, like any other day, but something felt off.

"Ok, guys." Coach said as we neared the half-way mark of practice. "That was pretty good, guys. I can tell you guys are tired, though. Go ahead and take a water break, guys."

I started walking towards the bleachers, where Makayla usually sat, when Coach grabbed my arm, stopping me. "You okay, Hood?"

"Yeah." I sighed, replaying the failure of the last hour of practice over in my head. "I'm just... You know what? I don't even know." I laughed bitterly, and Coach shot me a sympathetic look.

"Ok, well, take a break, get some water. Get your head back in the game."

I nodded, biting my tongue, and walked to the bleachers. Right now, I needed Makayla. I needed to vent. I needed her to lay my head in her lap, run her fingers through my hair, and tell me everything was going to be okay. But when I looked towards the bleachers where Kayla usually was, nose in a book, or fingers typing away on Tumblr, I realized something.

She wasn't there.

I grabbed my water bottle, and phone, immediately going to Kayla's number.

"Hello?" Kayla's chipper voice rang through my cell.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Oh! You didn't get my text? Yeah, Ash was like freaking out over Dorm Room shopping. I'm with him right now. I'm so sorry, Cal. I forgot you don't check your phone at practice."

"Oh, no, it's-"

"Ashton didn't give me a chance to tell you. He just picked me up and said 'get in'. I'm sorry."

"No, Kay, it's all good." I smiled, but it felt forced.

"Great! Hey, how about we all meet up at yours after? We can just watch a bunch of movies, and eat our body weight in pizza?"

I smiled again, but this time, it was real. "Yeah, that sounds amazing, See you then, Kay."

When I hung up, I could feel a burning feeling in my chest, and it freaked me out. What was happening to me?

I loved hanging out with Ash.

I loved hanging out with Makayla.

I loved hanging out with Ash and Makayla.

But for some reason, I hated the idea of them hanging out with me.

Wait.

Did she like him?

Ew, no. Stop.

The thought of them together made me sick. What's happening to me?

Could I like Makayla?

A/N Umm... I love this so much. I love these three soooooooo much, kind of obsessed but it's ok. Calum is precious... all of them are precious actually.  Anyhoo, hi. This is A, the other one won't answer me, so she doesn't get to say anything, oop. 

Also

I'M SEEING 5SOS BITCHES!!!!!!!!!! I have to drive 4 hours to New Orleans and probably not gonna be able to see Calum's beautiful face, but it's fine. 

OH I ALMOST FORGOT

Thank you so much @SafireEsperas for reading and commenting and all that! I love yooouuuuuuu. Also I'm 90% sure you're not in the fandom oop, but it's probably my fault I didn't put it in the title. BUT IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER, TYSM.