twenty one.

Authors' note: There will be offensive language in this chapter that does NOT under any circumstances reflect the view of us (the authors). We would NEVER use this under ANY circumstances. We apologize in advance.

- A & M

C a l u m

"What do you mean she won't let you? She's fucking unconscious!" I stood in front of Crystal, as she left the living room, where Makayla was still knocked out.

"Exactly that. Her subconscious is fighting anything I try to do. I think she may be having a nightmare of some kind."

"Well, then wake her up, Jesus-"

"I can't," she said, stepping closer to me. "Someone gave her a muscle relaxer that was way too strong."

"What? You're saying this is my fault?" I'd been getting angrier ever since me and Ashton's fight in the car. "Bullshit. Maybe you just don't know what the hell you're doing."

I could practically hear the flash of anger flushing her face, as her eyes narrowed.

"Whoa," Mike spoke up, stepping between us. "Let's just all calm down, ok?"

"Sorry, Mike, but right now, I don't give a flying fuck about you little girlfriend-"

"What the fuck did you just call me, Ching Chong?"

"STOP!" Michael shouted, in a surprisingly demanding voice. "Look, we do not need to be fighting right now, ok?"

"Calum, she is trying her best. You know that. Makayla is going to be fine, we just have to wait until she wakes up." Mikey's soft, mediator's voice came back, as he squeezed my shoulder. "Crys, you know Calum didn't mean any of that. He's just scared for-"

"Hey, I'm not-"

"Buddy, shut up, ok?" Mike sighed at me. "I'm trying to keep her from throttling you, ok?" I nodded, and he turned back to his girlfriend. "He's just...worried is all. Right, Calum?"

"Right." And I meant it. "You were right the first time, Mike. I'm scared to fuckin' death, Kayla's my best friend. I'm sorry, Crys, I really do appreciate everything you're doing."

" I know," she smiled, "it's ok, Cal." She turned to Mike, looking at him expectantly. "Well? You gonna let me hug my friend?"

Mike put his hands up, as if in surrender, and Crys stepped forward, pulling me into a hug. She ran her fingers through my hair, all the way down my neck, just like Mali used to-

Oh my God.

"Oh my God." I pulled away from her.

"What?" Mike said as I grabbed his shoulder, feeling all my blood run cold.

"I- I can't. I-I-I-"

"Cal." All I could see Ashton move from his spot, just outside the bathroom, coming towards me, but he was getting fuzzier by the second. I reached out for him, just as I slid to the ground.

"Hey, hey, hey." Ash pulled me to my knees by my arms. His hands slid up to either side of my face, making me look him in the eyes. "Hey, it's ok. You're ok."

"No, I'm... I feel like I'm... like I'm dying."

"I know, mate, but you're not. Look, it's me. There's Mike. And Crystal. Makayla is in the room. She's not dying, we're not dying, you're not dying."

I nodded, but my breathing continued to get shorter.

"Hey, it's ok. Just look at me. My eyes, yeah? The colors. What colors do you see?"