ten.

A s h t o n

I'm glad to be away from that trainwreck, I thought as I sat down on the couch in the living room.

I was finally able to relax and enjoy the party....until I saw Kayla stumbling my way, obviously wasted.

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii, Ash." She said, barely able to keep her balance.

"Woah, ok." I sat up straight, balancing her with her hips.

"Hey," I said, taking her beer, and putting it on the table, "I think you should take it easy."

"Oh, Ash, you're no fun anymore." She pouted, which was slightly adorable, and crossed her arms.

I rolled my eyes in response and patted the spot next to me.

"Come hang out with me for a bit."

She nodded and started to sit on the couch, but not before misjudging her distance and falling on top of me.

"Oops, sorry." She giggled, balancing herself by putting her hands on my shoulders.

" It's fine, I swear." I didn't mind, I liked the closeness to another person. I circled my arms around her waist, holding her legs up on my lap.

We both sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before Kayla decided to ask a risky question.

" Soooooo.....what were Angelle and Cal fighting about?"

I just looked at her and laughed.

"Don't even get me started on those two. That would take all night to hash out."

" You're- You're not wrong!" She said in between laughs/hiccups.

Just then a Shawn Mendes song came on and her eyes lit up immediately.

"Come ONNNNN!!!! Let's dance!!!!" She squealed, standing up, and jumping around. I groaned, not really feeling it.

"Do I have to?" I whined as she pulled on my hand repeatedly.

"Please, Ashy." I sighed as she gave me puppy dog eyes, which I could never resist. I reluctantly stood up, being dragged to the floor.

"I love it when you call me senorita
I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya"

"Here, put your hands on my hips, okay? Just let the music take control." She said.

We started dancing to the rhythm, letting our bodies take control.

"You say we're just friends
But friends don't know the way you taste"

I let go so we could actually dance, and spun her around, and she laughed throughout the entire song. I guess I spun her one two many times because she crashed into my chest, holding her head, still giggling.

When she stopped, she just kinda looked up at me, and I was frozen to my spot.

Before I knew what was happening, she leaned up and kissed me.

I didn't not like it... It wasn't bad by any means, it just surprised me.

One minute, we were best friends. One minute I was in love with Calum. One minute, I was 1000% sure I was gay.

Before I could even truly react to it, she pulled away.

"Oh my God, I shouldn't have done that. I'm so sorry. I should go-"

Before she could even finish what she was saying, I pulled her back to me. One of my hands found her cheek, while the other found its place at her waist. Her opposite hand trailed up to my neck and tugged at my hair, while her other one tangled itself in the collar of my shirt pulling me closer.

"Who said I didn't like it?"

She smiled, clinging to me, kissing me again.

A/N so surprise update bc I JUST SAW 5SOS.

I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN SUPPORTING THEM FOR NEARLY EIGHT AND  (holy shit that's almost half my life) TO SEE THEM GROW INTO THE ARTISTS AND MEN THAT THEY ARE IS SO SURREAL. THIS IS MY FIRST CONCERT EVER, AND FIRST TIME EVEN SEEING THEM IN PERSON, AND I AM BLOWN AWAY.

I literally turned to my best friend and shouted "HOLY SHIT, THEY'RE REAL. THEY'RE ACTUAL PEOPLE!"

but anywho, enjoy this chapter

Who doesn't love a good sexuality questioning?