fifteen.

A n g e l l e

The silence was deafening as the events of this morning sunk in. Luke's car still reeked of alcohol and his leather jacket from last night was still thrown in the backseat. Luke's fingers gripped the steering wheel so hard, I thought they would fall off. His lips were set in a tight line, but his eyes were wide and bloodshot, a red sea of unshed tears surrounding the lake of his blue pupils. For once, All Time Low or Charlie Puth was not blasting through his speakers.

"Angelle-" Luke tried to start and I wanted to throttle him.

"Stop."

"No." Luke angrily pulled over to the shoulder of the road and turned the car off.

"What the hell are you-"

"We need to talk about it." Luke sighed, running a hand through his untamed curls.

"Um, no," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "What we need to do is block the memory of this morning and pretend it never happened."

"Really?" Luke scoffed, raising his eyebrows. "That's your solution?"

"Well, what the fuck do you want from me, Luke?" I combusted, throwing my hands up in frustration. "I just almost betrayed my best friend, Luke, and you want me to talk about it?"

"Well, I'm sorry I don't want to ignore every single conflict in my life!"

"Oh, please, Luke! You are the king of avoiding confrontation!"

A moment of silence fell over the car as we both avoided eye contact at all costs.

"You know sometimes I just don't get you," I said, quietly, tired of yelling, and I could see his head shoot up towards me, with this look in his eyes I've never seen.

Ever.

"I don't get how you want to talk about it. Can you honestly tell me you feel as awful as I do, and want to talk about how horrible people we are?" I said, finally gathering enough courage to turn and face him.

He looked at me, not moving a muscle, but I knew what he was trying to say.

"Exactly. So... It never happened."

"Fine." He nodded stiffly, looking forward again and starting the car back up. "It never happened."

A/N So there's like 30 chapters in this thing so we're halfway through, I guess? This is also the chapter I took a quote from in the description, and I kinda love this chapter.

I am v proud of that one sentence in the first paragraph, I was like hello, pure fuckin poetry.

-A

PS I would ask M to say something about this chapter but I know what she would say so,

Tea.