five.

A s h t o n

At the beginning of my Junior Year, two weeks after I admitted to myself I liked him, Calum threw a house party. I brought my friend Crystal, who was a grade above me. I finally met Michael, Calum's teammate from his school. When Calum inevitably disappeared into the crowd to scout out his new endeavor for the night, I met up with Makayla, his " female best friend". I would never admit it, but every time Calum hooked up with a new girl, my heart broke a little bit more. But I can't feel that way, I'm his best friend. His bro

Later that night, Crystal found me again, and she was...buzzed, to say the least. 

"Hey, Ashy!" She smiled, leaning on my shoulder for balance. 

"Hey, Crys."I laughed at her drunkenness. She stayed there for a few minutes, just smiling, and swaying. All of a sudden, she stood up and gasped dramatically. 

"Who's that?" Crystal all but screeched, and I followed her finger to see who she was pointing at. When I saw who was the new object of her affection, I almost laughed.  

"Michael?"I asked, eyeing the then-red-haired sophomore, playing beer pong with Makayla. 

"Hmm, Michael." She giggled, and then she turned to me, visibly sobering up. "Do you think I have a shot?"

I almost choked on my drink. This time, I couldn't help it. I had to laugh. Yes, she had a shot. If anything, he didn't have a shot with her. Crystal was undeniably gorgeous. She was tall, slim, with beautiful blue eyes and silky hair she recently dyed purple. 

"Yeah, Crys. You definitely do." I finally confirmed, and she smiled widely. She handed her drink to me, before walking over to Mike, swaying her hips. 

Thankfully, nothing else significant happened that night. I said that everything must come out. But that night, I didn't, and I wondered if I ever would.