fourteen.

A n g e l l e

Waking up in a stranger's bed is not something I do often. If it's not mine, then it's Sierra's, but this was definitely not Sierra's. It was, however oddly familiar. I don't know how I knew this room but I did.

After it sunk in where I was, my anxiety immediately took over. I sat straight up in the bed, immediately looking under the covers to see my...situation. Pants, underwear, shirt, I had it all. The problem was, they weren't mine.

Then, everything that happened last night came rushing back.

"Shit," I said out loud, throwing back the covers, looking for my clothes.

This couldn't be happening. There is absolutely no way I slept with Calum Hood. I refused to believe it.

I gave up on finding my clothes and left the mystery room to try to find out where I am.

I heard hushed voices downstairs,  but I wanted to know where I was before I talked to anyone. On the opposite wall from the mystery room was a wall of framed pictures lining the hallway.

Jackpot.

Oh no.

There are pictures of Michael and Ashton and Calum. This has to be Calum's house.

Wait.

There are so many pictures of Luke, it's insane. If this is Calum's house, this is not good.

The last thing we need is another person in love with Luke.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by an object hitting the back of my legs. I turned around to see the one thing that made relief wash over me.

"Petunia! Thank God." I knelt down, never being happier to see a dog in my life.

I made my way downstairs, smiling when I saw Liz in the midst of leaving for work.

"Hi, Mrs. Hemmings!" Liz was like my favorite person in the world, and I hadn't seen her in such a long time, it was ridiculous.

"Oh, hey Angelle! It's so nice to see you again!" She immediately dropped her bag and hugged me, and I gladly accept.

"You too, Mrs. Hemmings."

"Ok, I know it's been a while, but you know better! Call me Liz!"  She said, grabbing her camera, and bag.

"Right, sorry. I hope you don't mind, Liz, we just came back late, and Luke let me crash in the guest room." I said, shyly, feeling guilty.

"Absolutely not! You are always welcome here. As long as you make sure Luke eats some real food, not just Eggos, okay sweetie?"

"Of course. Thank you, Mrs.- Liz."

She laughed, as she made her way out the door, yelling a bye through the door.

I don't know what the hell happened last night, but I assume Luke was responsible for me not being dead in a ditch, or in a stranger's bed. I decided to cook him breakfast as a thank you.

-

I was almost finished when I heard Luke's shoes slap against the hardwood stairs.

"Mum?"

"Nope." I laughed, stirring the scrambled eggs. "Mama Liz already left for work, you're stuck with me"

"Ok." He said, simply.

"Hey, I'm sorry about last night. I'm not quite sure what happened, but it must have been bad if you couldn't bring me home. So I'm sorry."

"No, it's no problem." He says, quietly.

"Well, now you get bacon and eggs out of it... Hey, where's the salt?"

"Oh, it's in the cabinet." I turned off the stove, and turned around, only to come face to face with Luke.

I couldn't move. It was honestly too early to even think. It seemed as if his brain was malfunctioning too, because his arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He was moving closer and closer until a loud crashing noise broke through the silence.

A man had literally broken down his front door and was struggling to get up from the floor.

I broke from Luke's grip, and pulled him down next to me, hiding behind the island.

The man was walking closer, and I could hear him breathing. It was ragged and constricting, and wet. It was the most terrifying sound I've ever heard in my 17 years of living.

I looked around for something - anything to fend this man off with. I grabbed something lying on the ground and blindly swung it at him.

It just so happened to be a frying pan.

"Oh my God, are you okay?" Luke stood up, stepping towards me.

"I'm fine," I said before he could reach out to me.

"O-Ok, we should-"

"We should go to Sierra's, Luke. You know, my best friend. Your girlfriend?"

I stepped by him, walking out the door, with him behind me, not saying another word.

A/N Couple things.

1. I know everyone uses Molly as Luke's dog, but honestly Petunia is superior to any dog, and I have them as their 2019 selves, not fringetastic teenagers so...

Also...

I lied it was only that one thing.

M told me to say something about tea, so...