twenty.

L u k e

Driving down the street, I finally came to terms with the fact that the world had gone to literal hell.

Chaos...bodies...everywhere. Sierra held onto the hand I wasn't driving with tightly, and I'm almost positive that I'll have a bruise tomorrow. The events from early this morning replay through my mind.

Sierra hitting me with a tennis racket

Angelle and I almost kissing...What even was that?

We've been friends for years. Things started with Sierra so fast that I never even considered the thought of Angelle and I. I mean...she's one of my best friends and I don't want to mess anything up with her...or Sierra, for that matter. We've been together for two years and it's been like a fairytale for the most part. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize us. It's eating me up inside.

**************************************************************

Earlier that day

We are at Sierra's place to get her and some supplies before we head over to Michael's house.

"I'm going to get your things, Lu. You just stay here." Sierra said, leaving her living room to head to her bedroom to get her things.

Angelle and I stood there in the most awkward silence to ever grace the Earth.

"Soooooo," I started before she cut me off.

"Shut up, Hemmings. I don't wanna talk about it."

Well, damn it. That's just great, dumbass, you blew it with one of your best friends. DURING THE FUCKING APOCALYPSE. What kinda shit is that?

"Babe, can you come here for a sec?" Sierra called from the other room, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah, I'm coming," I shouted, before turning back to Angelle. "Listen-"

"Lucas Robert, what did I just say?"

"Jesus Christ, ok! I just wanted to say... It's up to you. I don't wanna fuck your friendship up with Sierra, so we can tell her whenever you want if you want to tell her at all, that is. I fucked up. I can accept that. I can accept that we'll never be how we were. I can accept my relationship with Sierra is pretty much over, the second we tell, but I don't care. I've fucked everything up, but if you think telling her will help not ruin your relationship with Sierra, tell her."

I waited for her to say something, but she didn't. She stayed silent, so I knew that's all there was to it. I nodded slowly, walking to the other room, where I was summoned. I walked in to find Sierra throwing clothes frantically around her room.

"Everything okay?" I asked, walking up behind her, wrapping my arms around her. She sighed and turned around to face me.

"Luke, I hate to sound like that stereotypical girl in horror movies, but I'm terrified. I don't know what's to come in the future, what's to come with our friends, with us." She said, starting to tear up.

I wiped away the tears that started streaming down her face.

"Honey, we're going to be safe and sound."

"Promise?"

"Promise."