eight.

A n g e l l e 

As I stared at my closet for the twelfth minute in a row, I realized I had no idea how to dress for a party. I hadn't gone to one since that night Luke and Sierra kissed because I knew I would be the third wheel. I couldn't take it anymore, so I picked up my phone, that was currently playing a MAX song. It didn't even ring twice before Sierra's voice answered. 

"Hello?"

"Help." That was all I had to say, and I knew she would understand. 

"Already on my way, babe." She hung up, laughing, and I sighed, collapsing onto my bed. 

-

Ten minutes later, Sierra and I were digging through my closet. 

"Why am I so nervous?"

"Because you like him." She shrugged, showing me a pair of dark, ripped jeans.

"That's ridiculous!" I laughed, looking for a top to go with the jeans. 

"Calum or these jeans?" 

"Oh no, the jeans are fucking great." She smiled and threw the jeans on my bed. "The bottom line is I do not like Calum Hood." 

"Whatever. The fact is you're excited about this date." She said, looking through my jewelry. 

"This isn't even a date! Remember, if he's a dick, I'm leaving. Even one perverted comment about my ass, I'm going home and taking Luke's car." 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. No arguments here! Though you may have to talk to Luke about Betty."

"He named his-"

"Of course he named his car!... Look, Angelle." Sierra walked over and sat next to me on my bed. "He may be a douche at school, but I promise you deep down, he's really sweet. Do you think Makayla would be best friends with a jerk?" 

"Look, I don't know, I just judge by what I see. And, God, I don't know how Kayla puts up with him sometimes."

"Because it's all an act. With Makayla and Ash, even Luke, he's kind and thoughtful, and sweet! You just haven't given him a chance. And also, don't forget... He's hot!" 

"Yeah, I know, Si." 

"Hey, Babe, what's this really about?" 

"I just... Ok, so maybe I am anxious about this. I mean, I've never really had a boyfriend. I've only ever been on like two dates in my life, and maybe I'm scared, okay? I'm a fucking Senior in high school, and I've kissed one person! Jesus! Like, is there something wrong with me?"

"Absolutely not! Angelle, you're amazing. The most amazing person I know. And when you finally find someone who's good enough, he'll be head over heels for you. How could he not?" 

She pulls me into a tight hug and I felt a burning, ball of guilt in my chest. Because I did find my guy. A guy that was more than good enough... But he wasn't head over heels for me. 

She was head over heels for him.  

A/N Double update bc I forgot Friday oops.