twelve.

M i c h a e l

I have no idea what woke me up in the middle of the night, but as soon as I was aware of my surroundings, dread washed over me like a hot ball of lead in my stomach. I felt the need to throw up, and it wasn't just my hangover from last night, though that definitely didn't help.

"Hey, babe."

"Hmmm?" My girlfriend of two years mumbled sleepily next to me.

"Does anything feel...I don't know...off to you? I probably sound crazy, but I feel like something bad is either happening or going to happen. I don't know, maybe I'm being crazy."

"I don't know, baby. It was probably just a dream. Go back to sleep."

At that exact moment, my cell started to ring. Crystal groaned, throwing a pillow over her head. It was Calum.

Why would he be calling me at such an ungodly hour of the morning?

"Hello?"

"Michael! Mike! Are you okay?"

"Ummm, yeah. I'm fine. What's the problem? Are you okay, Calum?"

Maybe I'm not crazy after all.

"Mike! Zombies! Everywhere! What the fuck do we do, mate?"

What? Zombies? Yeah....I'm not the crazy one, Calum is.

Getting out of bed and going into another room as to not disturb Crystal, I questioned him more.

"Calum, what the hell are you talking about? Did you smoke something?" I didn't know what was going on, but I had a feeling a batch of laced pot had a role in it. Exasperated with me, he groaned into the phone.

"Fine, since you won't listen to me, here's Kayla."

"Kayla? Why is she at your house-"

"Mikey? It's me. Michael...Calum's serious. There are zombies. Or that's what they look like, at least. Ashton and I are the ones who discovered them."

"How? Look, this is crazy! You realize how crazy this is, right? You all should just go back to sleep, it's probably just a drunken-"

" Michael, would you just listen to me for 5 fucking minutes!?!" Kayla's normally calm voice suddenly switched to furious as her temper flared.

"Okay, okay. I'm listening."

" Okay. Ash and I were down in the kitchen and we were talking about....things. Anyways, I looked out the window and we saw someone walking down the street, but they looked strange. At first, we didn't believe it, until we saw a clearer view of it before someone mowed it down with their car. After that, we saw more and ran to get Cal, which now leads us to this point...Michael. What .Do. We. Do?"

I sat there raking it over in my mind. What do we do?

"You guys come here. Now."

" What? Why?"

"Because, sweet-cheeks, I've been preparing for this my entire life."

"What the hell?"

"Just get here as quickly and safely as you possibly can. I'll be waiting for you in the back."

She huffed, obviously not enthused with the idea of having to go out amongst the madness that was surely outside waiting to devour them.

"But-"

" No buts. Get. Here. Now."

And with that, I hung up the phone, heading back to the bedroom to prepare for the future that awaits us all.

-

C a l u m

Makayla got off the phone with Michael and looked at us.

"So, what did he say?"

"He said we need to get to his place and that he'll figure something out," she said, with a deeply worried expression on her face.

"We need to go to his place?" Ashton asked, slightly confused.

"That's what I fucking just said, Ashton." She snapped.

Ashton looked hurt as she said this.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry. It's just that I'm very tense and I really, really don't mean to take it out on you." As she said this, she took his hand.

Wtf is going on here?

Seeming to remember that I was in the room also, they separated and Kayla continued.

"Okay," I said, mulling everything she just said over in my head, " so we go. Now. Go downstairs and get some knives, I'll go get my baseball bat out of the garage, and we'll head his way, capiche? And when we go out there, we stick together, no matter what."

Both of them nodded their heads and headed back down to the kitchen and I slipped on some more appropriate clothes and headed down to the garage.

A few minutes later, we met up in the living room, Kayla with two knives attached to her belt loops, a backpack on her shoulders, Ashton with the butcher knife and a backpack on his shoulders as well.

"We thought about food," he said, shrugging.

"Good...good. I guess it's time to go."

They both nodded and hesitated at the door, Kayla, with tears in her eyes, Ashton, looking more terrified than I've ever seen him, and me....well..I'm scared shitless.

A/N Hi, um, I firmly believe that Mikey has been preparing for the apocalypse his entire life. Anyhoo, I loved this chapter, stuff is happening, and M never has ANYTHING TO SAY.