Chapter 7 - The Talent Show

One week later, it's the day of the talent show. Ariel was very excited but a little nervous at the same time. She knew that when she sings her song, she'd be telling Paul how she feels about him. She gets herself dressed and brushes her hair. When she goes downstairs, Lauren throws her arms around her and jumps up and down.

"ARIEL!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!" She yells excitedly. "I can actually." Ariel said. She heads towards the door. "Where are you going?" Lauren asks. "I'm going for a morning walk. Tell Mom and Dad that if they ask." Said Ariel. Lauren nods as Ariel walks out the door to go for her morning stroll. While she was walking, she sees The Beatles laughing and hanging out. She decides to go over to say hello.

"Good morning, boys!" She says. They turn their attention to her at the sound of her voice. "Oh! Good morning, Ariel!" Said George. "What are you doing out here so early?" Asked John. "I'm going for a walk. I saw you guys out here and I figured I'd come over to say hello. Not only that, today's the talent show!" Said Ariel. "It got here so fast didn't it?" Asked Paul. "Totally." Ariel said. "Are you performing in it?" Asked Ringo. "Yes I am. I'm very excited!" Said Ariel. "Are you guys still coming?" She asks. "I know I am!" Paul said. "For sure!" George said. "I wouldn't miss seeing my girl in the show! So I'll definitely be there!" Said John. "Yep! I'm going!" Ringo said.

"Yay! I can't wait to see you all there!" Ariel said! "By the way George, how's it going between you and Kayla?" She asks. "We're actually dating now. And we're both very happy." Said George. "Aww that's great!" Said Ariel! "Me and your friend, Natalie started going out not long ago." Said Ringo. "Nice, Ringo!" Ariel said. "And John, I know you and Anna started dating recently." She says. "That's true. She has a cute personality." John said. "And Paul and I are on great terms so far." Ariel says. Paul smiles at Ariel's words and she smiles back at him. She feels her heart beating very fast all of a sudden because she still hasn't told Paul how she feels.

"Well boys, I'm gonna continue with my morning stroll. See you all at the talent show." She said. She waves to them and they wave back as she continues her walk. When she reaches her house, she goes to her room and grabs her guitar to practice some more and sings her song. Jacob enters the room while she was practicing. "Sounds good, sis." He said. "I'm nervous, Jacob." Ariel said "Why?" Jacob asks. "The minute I sing this song, I'm gonna be telling Paul how I feel." Ariel says in a worried tone.

"Did he already tell you how he feels?" Asked Jacob. "Yeah." Said Ariel. "Then I'm sure the song will make him smile. And he'll finally know how you feel for him in return." Jacob says. Ariel nods at his words and gives her big brother a hug. "Thanks Jacob. I needed that pep talk." She said. "No problem, Ariel. Just know that I'm here if you ever wanna talk. Same with Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Tony." Said Jacob. He gives Ariel a pat on her back and exits the room.

Hours later, it was time for the talent show. Ariel was watching from her seat to see if The Beatles were coming. She feels her heart beat fast when they catch her eye. "They're here!" She says excitedly. "All of them?" Asked Natalie. "Yep! All of them!" Ariel said. "Eeeek! My Georgie is here!!!" Squealed Kayla. "I see my Johnny!" Said Anna. "And there's my Ringo!" Said Natalie. "My Paulie is here too! Although he's not officially mine yet." Said Ariel.

After everyone is seated, the announcer comes up to the microphone and starts talking. "Good afternoon, everybody! And welcome to this year's talent show! We have lots of talented kids that are ready to perform for you today! So without further ado, let the show begin!" The announcer says. Lauren and her boyfriend, Michael were the first up, then Jacob, then Tony, then Anna, Kayla, and Natalie. When it was Ariel's turn, she makes a quick announcement.

"Um... hi everyone. I'd just like to say a few words before I begin. I've met this amazing person a while back. He's very sweet, kind, and caring. He told me how he feels about me not long ago and I've been so nervous to tell him how I feel. But I think today is the day I finally tell him how I feel." She says. She begins to strum her guitar and sings her song so everyone (including Paul) could hear her.